ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Nah - easily under £1.  You would be surprised how cheap print is.  I work in a company that prints these sort of brochures and I can assure you it would be no more that £1

Your correct. Just checked the print prices for a programme for another festival that we do the design and layout of.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

If it's true that they're doing it to tax advantage of the tax situation, and with magazines being zero rated for VAT it's certainly plausible they are, then binning it would quite literally increase the ticket price.

If a Nominal 20 quid of the ticket price goes to the programme, then that's 4 quid "saved" on VAT. So they'd need to bring the actual production cost of the programme in at under 4 quid each in order for it to be a profitable wheeze - which seems quite likely to be the case. Especially as they do actually sell (presumably a small number of) programmes at the merch stalls for the full 20 quid, each of which will offset the production costs further.

If they're doing it for a tax benefit then that's fair enough. There's prob a lot we don't see/understand.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I really find the mini guide quite helpful.  I use it quite a lot, and prefer that to having to use a phone to check what's on next etc like I've had to at other festivals.  

I tie it to my shorts so it sits in my pocket for the festival so its easily accessible as well. 

The big programme however does tend to stay in the corner of my tent save for a quick browse on the Wednesday.

I find, like most obsessives on here, I've made my plan for navigating the festival weeks in advance and usually know what's on every main stage at all times before I've even reached the site...

Then I start drinking and it all goes out the window anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Well, if it went digital and cost between 1-3 quid, that's a saving of £180-£540k. Not bad. Not amazing, but it's something, esp if there's the app for finding new bands out. Also, Clashfinder has taken over for scheduling now I think, so a lot of it's wasted.

It's half a million they can spend elsewhere if they didn't want to remove it from the price of the ticket too.

As I said, its under £1 so the saving is probably only £150K

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's interesting, I would have assumed more than that. I wonder what transport costs etc. add to it. 

Couple of Thousand at most on transport depending on where printed.  Printing is really cheap - especially on quantities of say 150k - the unit cost is really low

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's interesting, I would have assumed more than that. I wonder what transport costs etc. add to it. 

I used to work for a certain newspaper everyone hates and distribution costs wouldn't be as high as you would think.

180k programmes all palleted up and going to the same location wouldn't be that expensive, especially as they would be printed probably late May/early June (around the time the set times are published to stop leaks) so there would be no massive rush to get them to site. Three or four lorries should do it. Wouldn't be more than £5k I would guess on transport.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

I'm starting to build a spreadsheet for me and my friends. Can anyone remember the different fields you have to fill in once you've entered your registration numbers and postcodes? 

Is it...

• Cardholders Name
  • 16 digit credit card number
  • Expiry date
  • CCV number

Am I missing anything? Does it then ask you to confirm the delivery address or does it not do that until you pay the balance?

Just now, ProperTea said:

I'm starting to build a spreadsheet for me and my friends. Can anyone remember the different fields you have to fill in once you've entered your registration numbers and postcodes? 

Is it...

• Cardholders Name
  • 16 digit credit card number
  • Expiry date
  • CCV number

Am I missing anything? Does it then ask you to confirm the delivery address or does it not do that until you pay the balance?

Just those IIRC.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I find, like most obsessives on here, I've made my plan for navigating the festival weeks in advance and usually know what's on every main stage at all times before I've even reached the site...

Then I start drinking and it all goes out the window anyway.

I don't make many plans for bands tbh apart from a few key 'must see's'

I do find during the day and late at night I go to the guide a lot to fill in the gaps between the 'must see's' and my aimless wandering around.

Then like you say, drinking and for me other 'stuff' comes into play and it all goes to shit. 😄 

21 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Couple of Thousand at most on transport depending on where printed.  Printing is really cheap - especially on quantities of say 150k - the unit cost is really low

Won't have been cheap initially. Full colour printing was expensive back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

There's a lot of programmes abandoned by punters as soon as they enter the site.

More likely dropped accidentally as punters struggle with their tents and back packs, trying to get their tickets safely back into their pockets, joining the rush to get a good pitch in their preferred ground etc etc😊.  All this whilst holding the programme. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

More likely dropped accidentally as punters struggle with their tents and back packs, trying to get their tickets safely back into their pockets, joining the rush to get a good pitch in their preferred ground etc etc😊.  All this whilst holding the programme. 

It looks like it's deliberate as they can be found on the ground just inside the pedestrian gates.

This is how the crew tend to get hold of programmes.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm a sucker for little mementos and stuff, I think the programmes are a nice, easily storable collectable that can be recycled. I'm all for them and hope they continue.

Agree I love the program, occasionally it actually points me to an artist that I wouldn't have bothered with.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales