ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I purchased 6 tickets with my Santander debit card and had to authorise the payment with my mobile banking app. 

Yeah likewise on bus sale … I’d lent my revolute card out for main and got a watts app saying it needed approval but couldn’t find it in the app … turns out it didn’t !! 

On 11/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

I got my tickets at 10:32... half an hour after the sold out message. I  couldn't believe it. Before that I hadn't had a sniff of the registration page. Mental. After a 3 festival hiatus, Glastonbury number 7, I'm coming for you. 

I had the same. 18 minutes after it had sold out I finally got through. 

On 11/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, Noble Skunk said:

Definitely a better chance with 10 IPs, and the TTL on those records is 1 minute. Good chance your 4 devices hit unique Glasto IPs but I do believe it's just based on external IP <> Glasto IP.  It's not based on browser agent field or anything like that.  Give it a test.

Do they use round-robin DNS changing every 1 min? Per request or per session?

Edited by dulcificum

2 hours ago, dulcificum said:

Do they use round-robin DNS changing every 1 min? Per request or per session?

There appears to be 10 x IPs which DNS advertises in 2 sets of 5...one group of 5 on 31.x.x.x and the other on 167.x.x.x.  I'm guessing those are 2 separate rigs that then load balance internally to any number of webservers running the booking engine, and a shared database tier behind those.

How they change between those sets and the frequency I'm not sure...although I'd guess round-robin, and looking at the results I've had over the past few days a TTL of 180 seconds.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

There appears to be 10 x IPs which DNS advertises in 2 sets of 5...one group of 5 on 31.x.x.x and the other on 167.x.x.x.  I'm guessing those are 2 separate rigs that then load balance internally to any number of webservers running the booking engine, and a shared database tier behind those.

How they change between those sets and the frequency I'm not sure...although I'd guess round-robin, and looking at the results I've had over the past few days a TTL of 180 seconds.

I wonder if they could be external IPs of a WAF or other Firewall or something rather than a load balancer as tracert dies when it hits them. Looking up the hosting provider I am going to guess it's cloud based and using scale sets but no easy way to see what's behind the point of entry. Certainly looked round robin as I hit 4 different IPs on the morning all in the 31. range - looking on my hosts file from previous sales days 167. range was definitely used in the past as that's what I had saved.

All very interesting if not definitive 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure which set gets returned is* near random. I've encountered both sets being returned several times within a minute, with no discernible pattern.

*or at least was, I've not looked at this again since the sale as I want to mentally reset from all that.

58 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yep I'd say that was bang on. We have AWS front shopping ends set up this way. Fortinet load balancers tho Amazon offer their own 'as a service' ones.

• Like 1

The IPs belong to Exponential-E who look to be more a Microsoft house than AWS so chances are the IPs are either Front Door (load balancer) or some firewall (Palo Alto or the likes). As for the number of VMs, or Web App instances or Function apps etc behind it know way to know. They may limit the scaling to keep costs down and would explain some of the issues faced.

59 minutes ago, Mr Gigpusher said:

The IPs belong to Exponential-E who look to be more a Microsoft house than AWS so chances are the IPs are either Front Door (load balancer) or some firewall (Palo Alto or the likes). As for the number of VMs, or Web App instances or Function apps etc behind it know way to know. They may limit the scaling to keep costs down and would explain some of the issues faced.

This has gone totally over my head 🤣 but have you worked out a way of hacking into the system! You could make good money doing that in t day 

11 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

I always wonder how the old hippies get a ticket. The guys who look like they've been on mushrooms since Woodstock '69 that you always see at the festival. I can't imagine them having six laptops and refreshing 20 browsers.

They supply drugs in exchange for their registration number being on their spreadsheets...

18 hours ago, Serenefishy said:

I always wonder how the old hippies get a ticket. The guys who look like they've been on mushrooms since Woodstock '69 that you always see at the festival. I can't imagine them having six laptops and refreshing 20 browsers.

I always wonder this. Some work there. Not sure about all..

23 hours ago, charlie.light said:

This has gone totally over my head 🤣 but have you worked out a way of hacking into the system! You could make good money doing that in t day 

He didn’t even work out a way of getting on normally this year. Thankfully the least technical member of our group managed to get our tickets which shows all the technical knowledge in the world doesn’t necessarily mean you will get tickets. 

• Upvote 1

I must ask the obvious here.. if you hammer the site you get the standard Que/holding page. (DDOS). Try it now.. and if you keep refreshing this holding page" manually you stay on it!   So what were we actually refreshing on the day? and where the successful, the ones who just sat back and let the page do its thing and count down? as if you give it 20 secs, you get back to the page?

23 hours ago, Serenefishy said:

Some work, some have other  "blaggs" (often related to mates on the crew), some live within the local tickets area, some are friends of or are known by ME, the ex head of bin painting now gets a freebe . There was a guy, now sadly no longer with us, who was a friend of ME. He had a job invented for him by ME, i.e watching over the cows proir to them being moved off site.

A lot get in just because of who they are or who they know.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales