ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Feel a bit gutted reading all of the posts on here about nabbing tickets after the sold out tweets - my girlfriend was refreshing in vain for about 10 minutes to 10:15 and then I started again after reading some posts on here around 10:25, but if we'd have kept going the whole time maybe once of us would have got through. 

19 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

@BBC7BBCHEAVENSorry you didn't like that bud.  It's the hard truth though.

Just sad to see the attitude of accepting a terrible system. 

Once you're through the queue, your tickets should be absolutely guaranteed. 

It'll never change though because the thousands that get through won't care, and as people get sick of it and sack off Glasto, a new generation comes through willing to put up with the crap

looks like multiple issues at every single event this morning.

glastonbury.seetickets.com became unreachable

holding page,  if you got that lucky, froze

registration entry page crashed on the proceed button

payment page crashed or didn't accept payment or just didn't offer authorisation of bank payment 

i was hit with 3 out of 4 of the above,  only thing that didn't glitch was payment. that was easiest part 

2 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

payment page crashed or didn't accept payment or just didn't offer authorisation of bank payment 

i was hit with 3 out of 4 of the above,  only thing that didn't glitch was payment. that was easiest part 

Had all of the above, somehow still got tickets by the skin of my teeth. Truly horrific though. Heart goes out to those who didn't get them, especially after getting as far as entering payment. Brutal.

Edited by Cream Soda

1 minute ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

4/4 for me, two times out transactions after bank approval. Slowly getting over it

43 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

Are we able to finally put to bed the rumour that the site rate limits by IP address? I had four devices all refreshing at 1 second intervals, going through the same connection (which happens to have a fixed IP) and got tickets at about 09:25. Nothing to suggest I was being blocked or rate limited, even though I was ~4 times the claimed limit, and I'm yet to see any solid evidence that such a limit exists.

With CGNAT ISPs use the same IP address for multiple customers (mine does, which is why I pay for a fixed dedicated IP address) so it would be madness to rate limit just on IP, not to mention those on shared connections un university, companies, hotels, community connections etc. I don't know of any modern HA site that does, they all use more advanced heuristic signals and have done for some time.

We got both our sets of tickets and we were doing multiple refreshes with autorefresh extensions at 2 seconds. We always use autorefresh on multiple devices this way, not using any VPN. We've always got tickets.

40 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

I've done over 10 of these sales, don't think I've seen such a messy one for years and years. (think a really old one in like 2013 was 45 minutes of crashes, but I can't remember) 

We got tickets after multiple fails at around 10.20. 19 minutes after the sold our Tweets. 

Worst I recall was 2004. Sale went on for the entire day. Was total cluster£&k. Had to reopen sale a day or so later if I recall correctly. But yes, has not been this chaotic for a while. 

9 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Our groups had most of these, although when finally got to the payment screed 20 mins after the sold out tweet that worked OK.  Guessing less people were still trying then.

The site not being reachable and the holding page (the 20 sec page) freezing or being lost seem like past sales just due to the volume trying.

I had the strange loop thing where I finally got through to entering the reg details, click proceed and saw all the names and £50 deposits info but when clicking confirm on that screen it went back to the 20 sec/holding screen.  No way to break out of that by clicking back or refeshing.  When another in the group got through I expected it to fail as I was still in that loop but they managed to get through to the payment screen and buy OK.  Wonder if one or some servers had that glitch which was the tech problem?

4 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

My neighbours crew got 35/35 tickets ALL AFTER the sold out message. Which is frankly mad. 

There musta been a cock up with a scheduled tweet? From all these anecdotes, that wasn’t just a few timed out tickets that were left after that tweet.

I suspect there were 1000s of failed transactions going back into the mix.

I have no idea how I got tickets for my group. Payment failed. Pressed back to the registration numbers page...

Entered again (got the tickets being booked on these registrations response) then kept refreshing (with very little luck). Eventually 15/20 mins later when I refreshed and hit confirm it just popped up with all my reg details ready to go. This time payment worked. No idea how that fits in the grand scheme of things server side!

My guess would be all the tickets that crashed going to payment screen had been held for them. That’s why lots were getting message saying purchase in process. Crash folk can’t get back in and eventually those tickets go back in pot as payment not received. The numbers getting tickets after they said sold out suggests this was a huge problem for them

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales