ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What’s the deal with refresh apps etc then? I’ve never used one before but considering for Sunday.

Would a poll help? The options of: successful with autorefresh, unsuccessful with autorefresh, successful without autorefresh and unsuccessful without autorefresh might work? Although that might be completely useless.

There are so many possible permutations ultimately it’s mostly down to luck and persistence so a poll wouldn’t really prove anything ? 

6 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Awesome. Thank you. Is it the case that once the system has accepted the post codes and reg numbers, you 'should' be grand? That was the page I couldn't get past on Thursday 

you can only relax once the payment has been successful and youve got the on-screen booking completed notification , take a pic of that "booking complete" notification just incase of any problems....aka 2022 re-sale water bottle fiasco

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

you can only relax once the payment has been successful and youve got the on-screen booking completed notification , take a pic of that "booking complete" notification just incase of any problems....aka 2022 re-sale water bottle fiasco

Yep, screenshot is a great idea, just for the extra piece of mind and to avoid the need to leave pages open or note things down.

While obviously it wont help in actually getting the tickets, I use this screenshot addon that (after setting the options correctly) can take a full page screenshot (so even includes stuff that's off screen) with one click of the toolbar icon. Assume there's similar available for Chrome etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep, screenshot is a great idea, just for the extra piece of mind and to avoid the need to leave pages open or note things down.

While obviously it wont help in actually getting the tickets, I use this screenshot addon that (after setting the options correctly) can take a full page screenshot (so even includes stuff that's off screen) with one click of the toolbar icon. Assume there's similar available for Chrome etc.

brilliant , I didnt know there was an add-on, I press Ctrl + Shift + S on Mozzila for a full page screenshot or to select an area but normally have to google what the buttons are haha

Just now, gazzared said:

brilliant , I didnt know there was an add-on, I press Ctrl + Shift + S on Mozzila for a full page screenshot or to select an area but normally have to google what the buttons are haha

Yeah, can do that as well - I like the plugin because it can pre-set all the details (format, location, filename, etc) - so as soon as I've seen the page, can click and instantly move on without thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah, can do that as well - I like the plugin because it can pre-set all the details (format, location, filename, etc) - so as soon as I've seen the page, can click and instantly move on without thinking about it.

done, so easy thank you

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-11-04T18-40-14.266Z.png

5 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Yea that’s was my thinking, just don’t know which option to go with on Sunday!

Tried and trusted it’s mostly luck and persistence … I’ve got tickets 16 times and despite all the tips that’s what works … also shortcodes make things much easier as I get bad shakes 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Tried and trusted it’s mostly luck and persistence … I’ve got tickets 16 times and despite all the tips that’s what works … also shortcodes make things much easier as I get bad shakes 

I was on the train on Thursday and my Microsoft word locked out meaning I had to go back and forth typing everything out manually, hands shaking all over the place, not a good situation… proved the reg and postcode combo but didn’t get tickets!!!

Edited by rascalpete

Just now, rascalpete said:

I was on the train on Thursday and my Microsoft word locked out meaning I had to go back and forth typing everything out manually, hands shaking all over the place, not a good situation… probed the reg and postcode combo but didn’t get tickets!!!

The shakey hands are so bad and seemingly worse when attempting for others … Thursday I had my lowest shakes for years weirdly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Going to go 2 phones on 5G, 2 laptops and iPad on WiFi. All on private browsers, and use shortcodes, then just keep everything crossed.

Saying that, wouldn’t be surprised if a friend gets through on a 3G with a Nokia.

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Only the numbers game appears to spread the bet. Beyond that there's little evidence that there's any advantage in being more or less IT savvy or not - unless their system fucks up anyway - else its more down to preparation.

spot on. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Only the numbers game appears to spread the bet. Beyond that there's little evidence that there's any advantage in being more or less IT savvy or not - unless their system fucks up anyway - else its more down to preparation.

The way it should be tbf! We want a system that discriminates everyone equally IT savvy or not😂 there must be something that can at least reduce the whole “white screen freeze” at the start though? What even causes that? I didn’t even see the holding page until about 18.10 yesterday

29 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve had a ridiculously lucky week ..premium bonds win , Lionel Richie ticket ballot win and Glastonbury .. Thankyou 

Just noticed Sticklinch Farm's for sale if you're looking for something to spend your winnings on. Bargain at £1,3500,000... I'm just a bit short... about £1,3499,950 short to be honest.

https://www.roderickthomas.co.uk/properties-for-sale/property/11730832-sticklynch-west-pennard-glastonbury

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

The way it should be tbf! We want a system that discriminates everyone equally IT savvy or not😂 there must be something that can at least reduce the whole “white screen freeze” at the start though? What even causes that? I didn’t even see the holding page until about 18.10 yesterday

All the errors and stuff like that only help the people on here honestly. If it was a ticketmaster random queue about half as many regulars off here would get tickets i reckon (and thats being generous)

7 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Just noticed Sticklinch Farm's for sale if you're looking for something to spend your winnings on. Bargain at £1,3500,000... I'm just a bit short... about £1,3499,950 short to be honest.

https://www.roderickthomas.co.uk/properties-for-sale/property/11730832-sticklynch-west-pennard-glastonbury

My win was £50 but if you see it up for raffle I’m in 🙂 

37 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

'white screen freeze' is just typical of a system that's so under pressure that it doesn't respond. Welcome to ticket day....

I'm kind of resigned this year anyway over tix - happy to work, get in on Monday, pitch without a fight for ground, goto crew bars for 2 days, not q up on the roads in or out, no wait overnight in the cold and damp, miss one of Mik's gigs but hey he has 7 others anyway or something, give something back again by helping run it.

• Upvote 4

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales