Green Man 2023

March Hare

57 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Agree with this. Or they’ll be up against some big competition.

A great lineup this year. Jake Xerxes Fussell was incredible when I saw him in Bristol last year, gig of the year for me. 

Great to see Stella (with a sigma) on the lineup, surprised they haven’t had more UK dates. 

Thank you for clearing up how I pronounce that. I was like "E-tella?"

One of my new finds I can't wait to see either way.

37 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Thank you for clearing up how I pronounce that. I was like "E-tella?"

One of my new finds I can't wait to see either way.

Haha, no problem. Good luck finding the symbol though 😂 

I’ve been loving them since hearing their last album. They’ll sound great at Greenman

• Upvote 1

Settlers tickets have arrived. Excited!

What time does the settlers wrist banding stop in the evening? Arriving in the evening and worried about getting stuck in traffic on route.

Edit: it’s in the festival FAQs, it’s 8pm

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Probably will be announced imminently as the acts are listed on the settlement section of the line up page on the GM website. 

Should have just waited an hour before asking. Has anyone seen any of the settlement acts before, nothing immediately jumping out at me, but N'famady Kouyate at my last settlement ended up being one of the highlights of the whole weekend. 

Hi all, first time at Green Man and really looking forward to it after missing out on Glasto tickets this year, but would appreciate some tips/info from the collective expertise here!

Are campervan/motorhome pitches marked out? We have a small caravan but found space tight with the awning on the plot we had at Bluedot a while back. Also how strict are the stewards re having a tent and an awning? My son's girlfriend is coming with us for the first time (first festival of any sort for her), and it would be nice to give them separate accommodation while retaining all the awning space.

How busy are the showers in the campervan fields? We manage ok with the portashower in the van but I'm not sure how well the girlfriend will cope as she has OCD... though she may also find showers which strangers have used challenging too.

Are you allowed to take your own food and non alcoholic drink into the arena? Can't find anything on the website about this.

What are the ground conditions like? Does it get really muddy? Assuming there's a high likelihood of ra*n because of the location, but still hoping for the best.

Thanks all  😊

Can't help with the campervan stuff but I've been since 2017 which did have a fair bit of rain but I can't remember seeing much mud; only in the carpark on Monday. Think the site holds up pretty well. The weather's been great last couple of times.

You aren't supposed to take your own drinks into the arena but everyone does. As long as you don't wander past the entry stewards with it on display you'll be fine. Foods no problem to take in. 

The showers in general camping do get busy but are ok if your early enough or wait until the afternoon.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hi all, first time at Green Man and really looking forward to it after missing out on Glasto tickets this year, but would appreciate some tips/info from the collective expertise here!

Are campervan/motorhome pitches marked out? We have a small caravan but found space tight with the awning on the plot we had at Bluedot a while back. Also how strict are the stewards re having a tent and an awning? My son's girlfriend is coming with us for the first time (first festival of any sort for her), and it would be nice to give them separate accommodation while retaining all the awning space.

How busy are the showers in the campervan fields? We manage ok with the portashower in the van but I'm not sure how well the girlfriend will cope as she has OCD... though she may also find showers which strangers have used challenging too.

Are you allowed to take your own food and non alcoholic drink into the arena? Can't find anything on the website about this.

What are the ground conditions like? Does it get really muddy? Assuming there's a high likelihood of ra*n because of the location, but still hoping for the best.

Thanks all  😊

The live in vehicle field is quite small, more like a couple of lanes with vehicles both sides.  The width between the lanes is fixed and it feels like the stewards are trying to maximise space by getting the next vehicle in as close as possible.  You might get lucky with the stewards letting you have a tent.  If you arrive after everyone else, you will be down the far end of the field. It's further away from the arena (10 mins walk max) but it's a single track so no-one camping alongside you and you can spread out sideways - only problem is the ground isn't as even at that end of the field.

Showers are normally busy first thing in the morning but usually ok after about 10-11am

"Are you allowed to take your own food and non alcoholic drink into the arena?  You'll be ok with food/non alcoholic drinks I think, they say that alcoholic drinks aren't allowed but they never check bags

You will see rain, we've been 3 times and it's rained every time but the ground is mostly pretty good at coping, I've not see major mud, the worst was a bit of flooding by the courtyard toilets last year.  Nothing like Bluedot, if you know what I mean.

Edited by czuk
read the question wrong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Thanks all  😊

Been lucky with the weather the last couple of years but the first year I went it rained a lot. Campsite is generally ok but it can get very boggy around urinals, waterpoints and pinch points (entrance to the walled garden/Chai Wallah. Never needed more than walking boots though. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, I have 2 questions, if people could help please:

1. If you have a Settlement Car Park Pass do you also need a Settlement Ticket for them to let you park there? Or will that be enough?

2. Do children under 2 need a ticket? Our plans have changed since we originally bought our tickets and we're now bringing our baby, but we didn't get a ticket for her in the general sale...

Thanks in advance!

On 7/27/2023 at 8:46 AM, Fish Bulb said:

Hi, I have 2 questions, if people could help please:

1. If you have a Settlement Car Park Pass do you also need a Settlement Ticket for them to let you park there? Or will that be enough?

2. Do children under 2 need a ticket? Our plans have changed since we originally bought our tickets and we're now bringing our baby, but we didn't get a ticket for her in the general sale...

Thanks in advance!

Can’t help with the parking info, but regarding children under two, yes they need a ticket. An infant ticket is free but as far as I’m aware, will be required. Perhaps email greenman. They’ll likely divert you to fanticks. 

On 7/29/2023 at 7:41 AM, Cherrytree13 said:

Can’t help with the parking info, but regarding children under two, yes they need a ticket. An infant ticket is free but as far as I’m aware, will be required. Perhaps email greenman. They’ll likely divert you to fanticks. 

You were right and they did. However as those Infant tickets are free, surely no-one is going to re-list them on Fanticks (or Twickets etc.) even if they plan not to use theirs?