Green Man 2023

March Hare

1 hour ago, arteet said:

Last Dinner Party on Rising?

I’d never heard of them until recently but their one Spotify song seems to have loads of listens and they are on Woodsies at Glasto (albeit first one). 

Edit, like the look of it overall but Young Fathers / First Aid Kit abit annoying. I’ll try and catch YF at glasto 

Last Dinner Party are going to be big, so half way up the Rising stage does seem a bit low for them.

They are signed to Universal, had some great support gigs. Would expect Rising to be rammed for them.

1 hour ago, mario man said:

Friday is nuts, so good! I'll be glad for a more laid back Saturday after that but clashes everywhere. I assume PVA and Daniel Avery will be at the same time?

Maybe, both doing after dark by the looks of it but hopefully not a complete clash. Would watch Avery though as not seen him live and seen PVA loads.

Was annoying that he clashes with Osees at Wide Awake but it's Osees so they won out last weekend.

31 minutes ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

No pressure on you 😁 how accurate do you think this is?

Very tempted if I can pick up a couple of tickets but Delgados & Jockstrap would be my 'must sees' and they are worryingly close 

They're using last year's times so ballpark figures at least. GM have already confirmed Slowdive are on half an hour before Devo and it might be that the latter are on slightly later so I should think there's a low chance of them overlapping but we won't know for certain until the programme times are posted on the Monday of the festival.

• Thanks 1

Thinking through my plan...

Thursday: Run up Pen Cerrig-calch | bimble about, maybe check out Cinedrome | Try the Lost Map Weird Wave thing | Sister Wives | Spiritualized 

Friday: Juni Habel | Mega Bog | Minor Conflict | Dur-Dur Band International | Butch Kassidy | Jockstrap | University | Salami Rose Joe Louis | The Comet is Coming or Squid | Slowdive | bit of DEVO | Daniel Avery | Hagop Tcharparian 

Saturday: Yasmin Williams | deathcrash | Julie Byrne | Morgan Noise | Etran de l'Air | Anna B Savage | Obongjayar | Lankum | The Walkmen | Water From Your Eyes | Mandy, Indiana | Clipping | Confidence Man 

Sunday: Kanda Bongo Man | Jake Xerxes Fussell | Eddie Chacon | julie | Nuha Ruby Ra | Lilo | Alabaster dePlume | Arushi Jain | Les Savy Fav | Gilla Band | Sudan Archives | Young Fathers | James Holden  

Friday and Saturday looking the best for me overall but the run of acts in the Far Out Sunday evening is absolutely sublime! 

Think we're still due a handful of acts so maybe a few more gems might be announced. 

Top five for me I think will be: Slowdive, clipping, Les Savy Jav, Sudan Archives and Jockstrap. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, zico martin said:

So seeing that clash finder has confidence man on at 1.00am, does that mean it's fair to say it'll be a DJ set like they're doing at Glastonbury this year?

No, it's never been listed as anything other than a regular live set, just one in the late night slot. We won't know if it actually will be that late but the festival has said they won't clash with Self Esteem.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Glasto yesterday, and after  spending the wkend with my daughter and seeing less music than normal (however a LOT of time in T&C which was wonderful) I cannot wait to spend 4 days solo at GM catching as much music as possible

We passed by Young Fathers on West Holts and watched 5mins, I was 50/50 whether to see them at GM but defo not missing them now, they looked amazing! 

1 hour ago, GM newbie said:

Thrilled that we got tickets after a total lack of success last couple of years. We can only drive over on the Friday, and I wanted to check whether that's going to be a problem for standard camping? Is there usually a lot of room or is turning up late a no-no?

You will be fine. You might have to walk a bit to the far end to find some space. But space will be there. 🙂

• Like 1