Green Man 2023

March Hare

Feel like Yeah Yeah Yeahs have been one of the reasons for holding it back, I reckon 1st March is when an Embargo with APE might be lifted and they can be announced. 

As said before they've had the luxury of GM being sold out since September so they don't need to rush it out and would want to get as much as the line up out as possible. As long as New Order were better than they were at Glastonbury 2015 I'm down (shouldn't be hard)

14 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

Is there a rationale to this, wouldn't have seen it as a strong GM fit?

The fact she's at Boardmasters that week, and isn't down as an "exclusive".

Also;

On 2/18/2023 at 4:02 PM, Enkidu said:

Got a mate from the area, moved away now but she still goes back to see her family sometimes. She's heard info from some locals, and I can't share it yet, but let's just say  GM are definitely punching above their weight this year! One of the headliners wouldn't look out of place headlining somewhere like the Other Stage, Primavera or All Points East....

30 minutes ago, gregory said:

The fact she's at Boardmasters that week, and isn't down as an "exclusive".

Also;

All of which also applies to Liam Gallagher. He's certainly a risky booking for GM but maybe Fiona wants to shake up the demographic.

(Seriously, though, we've already been through "surely it'll be Pulp?", "surely it'll be Bjork?" and "surely it'll be Aphex Twin?", let's not have another one at the faintest suggestion and get people's hopes unrealistically high)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

51 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

All of which also applies to Liam Gallagher. He's certainly a risky booking for GM but maybe Fiona wants to shake up the demographic.

(Seriously, though, we've already been through "surely it'll be Pulp?", "surely it'll be Bjork?" and "surely it'll be Aphex Twin?", let's not have another one at the faintest suggestion and get people's hopes unrealistically high)

Liam is down as a UK exclusive at Boarmasters. And is way away from the Green Man demographic IMO. But yeah.

6 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Looks like Yeah Yeah Yeahs are out then, apparently not getting to Europe until 25th August for their tour! Lorde apparently doing Paredes but just can't see her turning up her but would be a huge get for GM

FWIW I'm guessing that if Lorde does anything else in the UK it'll be APE or Connect, but I doubt she was ever on GM's radar anyway.

It's kind of interesting that they're announcing much later than usual and we usually have some solid idea of at least one headliner before the confirmation but we don't at all this year. We half-assumed First Aid Kit because they had talked about playing an August festival but they're doing South Facing.

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Looks like Yeah Yeah Yeahs are out then, apparently not getting to Europe until 25th August for their tour! Lorde apparently doing Paredes but just can't see her turning up her but would be a huge get for GM

Lorde on at Boardmasters too, which while I doubt are close enough to exclusivity clauses don't seem to ever share acts. I think that's target audience as much as anything but still seems like if you play one you aren't at the other. Causation/correlation etc.

oh man there are so many possibilities, roll on next week eh?

previously i was thinking first aid kit and yeah yeah yeahs were virtually nailed but i guess that ain't the case now, what's the educated guess for headliners now?  

I'd love caroline polachek and big thief on the list as i regret missing them both at glasto last year. 

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

oh man there are so many possibilities, roll on next week eh?

previously i was thinking first aid kit and yeah yeah yeahs were virtually nailed but i guess that ain't the case now, what's the educated guess for headliners now?  

I'd love caroline polachek and big thief on the list as i regret missing them both at glasto last year. 

I honestly think that it's still a huge possibility that Sigur Ros headline, or an act that everyone has forgotten about and will be announced as a UK Festival Exclusive. I'm not a HUGE encyclopaedia when it comes to who may be announced but honestly just think it's best to keep imagination open 🙂