Glastonbury Headliners 2008-2022 Tiermaker

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Hey all, thought I'd have a go at making an actual tiermaker thingy with all the headliners from 2008-2022. Always see a lot of chat/debate about who were an all time classic or who was average and thought it could be quite interesting to see all your different constellations. You can see mine below.

Obviously, not everyone has seen every single headliner in this time live, but if you've seen the performance on iPlayer or YouTube, that's fair enough, you can use that to make up your opinion. It's all for fun/interest. Sure, the live experience might sway people either way, as well as mood at the time, how much you'd drunk etc, but like I say, it's just out of curiosity more than anything.

PS - I chose to start from 2008 as I felt this is when there was more diversity in genre for headliners, plus the Tiermaker would start to look a lot busier and harder to read, plus a lot of the older headliners weren't/aren't available to see anymore, so I just stuck to the more modern headliners. Also, I'm aware Jay Z and KoL are duplicated - I don't know how to delete them in the editor... 

Had to take a screenshot of my tiermaker too, didn't know how to share the image otherwise. Feel free to share yours too!

Any discussion is of course welcome, including tearing my Tiermaker to shreds if you so wish 😉

https://tiermaker.com/create/glastonbury-headliners-2008-2022-15282394

image.thumb.png.f06a47e953d1b15788d37a1174cfc4da.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Downvote 2

funny when I see these things I realise how different  and wonderful we all are , and how musical choice is just an opinion and everyone has a different one.

although saying the foo fighters were bank average may cause a few fights. 😉

I was at Sasha and digweed in the glade and have never watched it back

Interesting thanks for this.

Something I've always wondered, is it the norm among most attendees to go to every headliner regardless?

Personally I only watch Pyramid headliners if I really want to see them and if there's not a better option on West Holts/Other.

Edited by Skip997

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

This made me realized I can count the amount of pyramid headliners I've seen (even counting partials) on one hand. Missing a finger or two. Yes, I did not see the Stones or Adele. Wasn't there in 2010 though but am sure I'd have gone to Stevie Wonder though.

Same here.

The Stones were dreadful, I lasted about 15 minutes then legged it to Public Enemy who were truly brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

funny when I see these things I realise how different  and wonderful we all are , and how musical choice is just an opinion and everyone has a different one.

although saying the foo fighters were bank average may cause a few fights. 😉

I was at Sasha and digweed in the glade and have never watched it back

2 minutes ago, mazola said:

Blur bang average? ludicrous

There's always a lot of factors involved. How you like the band in the first place, how you feel at the time etc. 

You're welcome to do your own version and share it here 😄

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Interesting thanks for this.

Something I've always wondered, is it the norm among most attendees to go to every headliner regardless?

Personally I only watch Pyramid headliners if I really want to see them and if there's not a better option on West Holts/Other.

Like I said in my origional post, I've only seen some of these live and a lot of them from iPlayer or YouTube, usually with a few drinks on the balcony during or after the festival.

Many factors involved obv and it's 100% personal choice. Some of these bands/groups I just really don't like, so they have a huge amount of catching up to do to impress me, if you know what I mean.

6 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

BLUR!?!?! THE all time classic! If you were there, you know...

I was & they were brilliant and the atmosphere in the crowd. Def great fun/better than expected. Love Stevie but wasnt a classic. Rest pretty much spot on for me 

35 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Same here.

The Stones were dreadful, I lasted about 15 minutes then legged it to Public Enemy who were truly brilliant.

We binned The Stones on the account of it would be far too busy, happened to be in the West Holts field gurning to Major Lazer and stayed for Public Enemy...loads of space to dance right at the front and then got into the SEC really quickly afterwards. No regrets whatsoever. 

I'm half remembering I went to Calexico and then... to the Bootleg beatles instead of the Stones I think??? Probably thought that was a rebellious move.

The Verve looked really good to me on TV! But I do like them overall, playing their records lots as a student so probably biased.

So many people on here don't seem to understand that music is all about personal opinions, that's the whole point of why I did the tiermaker, so people could see that we all have different tastes and perspectives.

There's no right or wrong answer, people! 😵

I'm sure if people did their tiermaker too and shared it, there would also be acts others would disagree with them about as well... That's the beauty of Glastonbury.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, mazola said:

Here's mine then

image.png.75e71b87198f0609eb7c3ac6c1ab1906.png

** I'm not counting watching them on TV, if I wasn't there they are in the bottom rung

Thanks for actually doing it. Fair enough about the not watching it part.

Can see we actually agree on some things even if we don't agree on Blur 😛 

Here's a summary of what mine would be if I could be bothered:

All time classic: Jay Z (2008),  Beyonce (2011)

Bang average: Stormzy (2019) - he was much better on The Other Stage (2017?)

Very weak: Rolling Stones (2013) - they were like a cover band

Didn't see/No interest - all the others