Volunteering 2023

neil93

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just had a look - sold out

Yep, think they were available for less than 2 minutes in total.

I've taken the plunge and am now volunteering at WOMAD this year, thought that might be a good one to try.  Hopefully that will be after I've done it at Glastonbury!

Just now, Greenelk said:

Available again as at 17:31

Interesting

I'm really in two minds about this.

Generally I have a way in crewing for mates with a craft stall, however I never know for sure if they're going until after Glastonbury (TBF they often don't either).

Really wouldn't want to miss my fav UK festival.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:41 PM, Spacey said:

I’ve stewarded at around 8 festivals since 2019. I’ve been wondering about volunteering to supervise and was wondering what the pros and cons are. Would you recommend it?

Yes. Without hesitation. It's a really good experience and you get to meet a LOT of people very quickly. I've made some extremely good friends through being a supervisor. You do get a certain amount of freedom, especially if you are covering several areas at once. This makes the shift go faster.

• Like 1

One less person trying for Shelter on the 23rd.  Concentrating fully on trying to get an Oxfam place.   The thought of camping next to Block 9 coupled with the coach requirement made my mind up.  And as I got a place for WOMAD with Oxfam, think it makes sense that they are my organisation of choice

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenelk said:

One less person trying for Shelter on the 23rd.  Concentrating fully on trying to get an Oxfam place.   The thought of camping next to Block 9 coupled with the coach requirement made my mind up.  And as I got a place for WOMAD with Oxfam, think it makes sense that they are my organisation of choice

wise decision. Working the bars is not a pleasant experience either dependent on here they put you!

30 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It's odd because a lot of people on here really love shelter, I'm sure many of their volunteers would find the idea of Oxfam pretty dull!

Yeah we moved from Oxfam to recycling many moons ago after one interminable gate shift too many where you didnt do anything at all. Horses for courses isnt it.