Volunteering 2023

neil93

23 minutes ago, tj95 said:

Any slim chance of Glastonbury showing as available today? I know they said it's full but I have my fingers crossed! 

Not impossible, but very very low.

I reckon that given the shit show yesterday, and everyone being told "if you paid a deposit you have a place", if anything they're currently over-recruited for Glastonbury. If so it might be a while (once enough people have cancelled) before any places start showing back up.

Edited by incident

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Not impossible, but very very low.

I reckon that given the shit show yesterday, and everyone being told "if you paid a deposit you have a place", if anything they're currently over-recruited for Glastonbury. If so it might be a while (once enough people have cancelled) before any places start showing back up.

Must admit I was going down the over-recruited route as well. 

Ah well what will be will be. I can only try. 

40 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’ve finally received written confirmation of sorts just now! 🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼😀😀😀E407E495-D1AA-4FD2-88FB-B5894ADE16C7.thumb.jpeg.53dee9b4d9e17f8d2aeda61eb1eae45c.jpeg

Woop! Get in! It’s always a bit worrying til you have the magic email, great to have it there in black and white 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, faymondo said:

As expected Glastonbury greyed out on the Oxfam reopening at 11am. 

For those who missed out (like me) - how did people keep track of spaces reopening last year? Is it just a case of having to manually check, or was it possible to set up a page checker?

4 minutes ago, mike46 said:

For those who missed out (like me) - how did people keep track of spaces reopening last year? Is it just a case of having to manually check, or was it possible to set up a page checker?

I had a page checker last year but the time I actually got a spot was when I just randomly checked before I went to sleep at about 11pm, sometime in April or May I think

Edited by abiwish

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

A few years back i set up a watts app alert group for the site going live .... might be an idea for anyone interested to do . I also got a twitter follower a ticket a month or so before last time when I tweeted it out .... its not all lost by a long shot 

Absolutely. I think everyone who stuck with it last year on here got one in the end. Really no need to panic, the chances are pretty solid.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, mike46 said:

It was for Womad rather than Glastonbury but I just got in to the habit of checking whenever I was online. At least once a day, sometimes more, especially at work. No idea whether the place I got was the first to come up or whether I'd missed others before

7 minutes ago, leath02 said:

general rule of thumb from watching this last year - if you really want one, and you're vigilant enough to keep checking, you will get one

yeh it definitely took commitment... and came at the sacrifice of productivity 

Edited by abiwish

33 minutes ago, mike46 said:

I used Distill on Google Chrome last year - quite easy to set up.