Volunteering 2023

neil93

7 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Whereabouts was the Oxfam staff camping in 2022?

Outside ped gate B. Have to say it's quite exhausting trekking up to the Oxfam campsite and back as it's quite a slog from most stages, particularly late night stuff. Had very sore back and legs by the Sunday, much worse than previous glastonburys as a ticket-goer

Edited by abiwish
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Whereabouts was the Oxfam staff camping in 2022?

18 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Outside ped gate B. Have to say it's quite exhausting trekking up to the Oxfam campsite and back as it's quite a slog from most stages, particularly late night stuff. Had very sore back and legs by the Sunday, much worse than previous glastonburys as a ticket-goer

Map from their recent planning application of the 2019 locations 

2022_2458_FUL-STAFF_CAMPING_PLAN-1279177.pdf

Edited by Leyrulion

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Could you use a pushbike to and from shifts ? Just saw earlier comment and wondered … I guess storing it at oxfield might be the issue 

Loads of people have bikes, easy if you've a camper. Bit of a pain in a tent. And obviously you have to be careful on shift about where its locked to.

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Loads of people have bikes, easy if you've a camper. Bit of a pain in a tent. And obviously you have to be careful on shift about where its locked to.

Makes sense that getting back quickly for showers at shift end and beating queues … although I guess that depends where the shift is would definately cut back the commute time though 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Makes sense that getting back quickly for showers at shift end and beating queues … although I guess that depends where the shift is would definately cut back the commute time though 

Definitely easier before the fest opens, not sure how much time it'd save mid fest. As it's so busy you'd have to go at walking pace anyway for large chunks.

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

That’s right. Glasto you have to change all three shifts and the chances are, if you are trying to swap for a particular headliner, everyone else is trying to do the same. But you might get lucky.

Other Oxfam festivals I have worked, you can swap just one shift.

I've been lucky swapping twice so it just depends on whether the headliner you want is particularly popular with the other volunteers I suppose!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LeeHC said:

Hmm, security mucked up there... A crew wristband is not enough to get you into the interstage compound!! Well done on the blag thou!

To be honest, it's incredibly easy to get in though especially if you've got any non-public wristband.

Especially once bands finish - there's a rush towards the gate and the one or two security guys can't cope - instead of checking for the various specific wristbands and passes that are allowed access*, they instead often resort to simply looking for and filtering out any Public wristbands.

*another issue with the accreditation system being all over the shop

12 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Is that Oxfam campsite walk longer than the Campervan fields, out of interest? Can't gauge it.

Doing that Campervan walk every day last year really took it out of me, not for the faint hearted

Slightly longer in my judgment - and equally uphill.

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Is that Oxfam campsite walk longer than the Campervan fields, out of interest? Can't gauge it.

Doing that Campervan walk every day last year really took it out of me, not for the faint hearted

It's probably about the same as the furthest away fields in CV east.