Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

15 minutes ago, AAlex said:

A very solid batch of names for me, I take it from this we've probably got all the head/subs apart from Thursday?

Definitely puts RW on the radar, and compared to 2022 isn't even half the final poster.

Thursday 5/21

Friday 9/22

Saturday 9/22

Sunday 9/25

Unless @Ken19was joking about a first-timer, there's a co-headliner for Friday. On Thursday there's another one for sure as it's the hardest day to sell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Oh yeah, I missed The Interrupters, the rest of them I wouldn't consider as female acts. Still a bit strange imo.

Not as strange as saying you wouldn’t consider them to be female acts despite the fact they have female members in my book, but to each their own

32 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I really don't know, I'd happily take another name but with Black Keys coheadlining most other places they're at and Editors being former headliners (still hard for me to get my head around that) I assumed they were the lot?

Subbing both Nos Alive and Mad Cool are they not?

31 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Sigur Ros below Xavier Rudd !!?

Wow.

Xavier rudd is belgian, i assume he has some appeal on the local crowd.

Overall i still see it as a mediocre line up for werchter standards, but we'll see.

Edited by neacaisa

6 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Not as strange as saying you wouldn’t consider them to be female acts despite the fact they have female members in my book, but to each their own

Don't think it's strange or do you consider Beach House, London Grammar and Wolf Alice as male acts?

Like I wouldn't consider The Lumineers as an entirely male act either, but one woman out of 5 members doesn't make you a female act in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Don't think it's strange or do you consider Beach House, London Grammar and Wolf Alice as male acts?

Like I wouldn't consider The Lumineers as an entirely male act either, but one woman out of 5 members doesn't make you a female act in my opinion.

I can see the point you’re trying to make when you put it like that; but for me it begins to devalue their contribution to the band when people start pulling at threads. Just my take, of course

39 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Unless @Ken19was joking about a first-timer, there's a co-headliner for Friday. On Thursday there's another one for sure as it's the hardest day to sell.

Given the placing of The Black Keys on the website and the knowledge that Editors are playing the Barn, I'm expecting another big name in between TBK and RHCP indeed.

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I can see the point you’re trying to make when you put it like that; but for me it begins to devalue their contribution to the band when people start pulling at threads. Just my take, of course

Hm, yeah, I understand your point too. But even if we take those four "mixed" bands out of consideration: there are 6 percent entirely female acts against 80 percent entirely male acts, that's an unusually huge difference for a festival in 2023 (that books acts from many genres).

Just now, MrTobs said:

Hm, yeah, I understand your point too. But even if we take those four "mixed" bands out of consideration: there are 6 percent entirely female acts against 80 percent entirely male acts, that's an unusually huge difference for a festival in 2023 (that books acts from many genres).

Go woke, go broke.

4 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

This is true, but it’s just the first full announcement. It’s highly likely that this will be addressed in some fashion across the next few months as they flesh the line up out

39 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Subbing both Nos Alive and Mad Cool are they not?

Sorry yes with NOS they are, Mad Cool it's however you want to interpret it, one the top line with Sam Smith, QOTSA and a TBA.

Either way I'd be more than happy for RW not to hold them in the same esteem I do and for another big act to be coming!

28 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

This is true, but it’s just the first full announcement. It’s highly likely that this will be addressed in some fashion across the next few months as they flesh the line up out

Yeah, we'll see. Maybe I'm too early with my complaints.

28 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah, we'll see. Maybe I'm too early with my complaints.

20 minutes ago, OwenL said:

How easy/difficult is it to stay in Brussels/Leuven and go to the festival every day?

We didn't have the experience of the guy above at all in the day, arrived in plenty of time in Leuven and shuttled in on the Thursday, shuttled out one morning for a beer run, no hassle at all. Brussels obviously a bit more complicated and we camped so we don't know what it's like at night. 

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Given the placing of The Black Keys on the website and the knowledge that Editors are playing the Barn, I'm expecting another big name in between TBK and RHCP indeed.

If Ken is right about the Friday headliner being a first timer, I think this is the only spot Blur could take...

8 minutes ago, Gossard said:

If Ken is right about the Friday headliner being a first timer, I think this is the only spot Blur could take...

Blur have played before actually so they are not first timers. Unfortunately, they are also playing Roskilde on that day so the only chance is if they are co-headlining with Stromae on Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Blur have played before actually so they are not first timers. Unfortunately, they are also playing Roskilde on that day so the only chance is if they are co-headlining with Stromae on Thursday. 

Ahh your right, I somehow thought RHCP played on Saturday....I still think that's the only spot we can hope for, Blur --> Muse

• Upvote 1