Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

35 minutes ago, mikebat said:

Do you think we can have Archive ??

Editors at pinkpop, so we should have them at Werchter.

I was expecting Editors to be announced today after their show in Brussels earlier this week... I was there and damn, didn't like it at all. One of these bands I don't understand the success. Maybe Werchter could do a day like Muse - Editors - The Script as they're both announced on festivals around (Pinkpop and BST).

Looking into the camping options for this. Travelling from abroad so hauling tents, sleeping bags etc not an option for me.

What are the prepitched tent options like in the Hive Resort?? Tried Googling for tent types and price range etc for 2 people but to no avail. Any info greatly appreciated.

21 minutes ago, laynestaley said:

Looking into the camping options for this. Travelling from abroad so hauling tents, sleeping bags etc not an option for me.

What are the prepitched tent options like in the Hive Resort?? Tried Googling for tent types and price range etc for 2 people but to no avail. Any info greatly appreciated.

We had a two-man Sahara and it was huge! Circular tent with a pole in the middle. Got it with airbeds only, but I think there was an option for sleeping bags etc too. Highly recommend, and is pretty close to the arena too.

2 hours ago, mikebat said:

Rihanna is back..
But maybe too big for Werchter ?

Not sure that would be the issue. In 2016 (last time she's been around not designing socks) she did pkp and sziget. Her tours arent selling like Taylor or Beyonce and she is surely touring in 2023. Its hard to predict what a long hiatus may do to a pop artist career. I don't think she's too big for werchter.

The question is, is rihanna a good fit for werchter? She's by far one of the most diverse pop artists around, but a huge bunch of her cataloge is popish, rnb, stuff I don't reckon you usually see on the RW main stage.

14 hours ago, Orens said:

Announced today as his album is out today (clever), and he really blew up over the past 6 months or so.

Yeah I completely looked over that, I also only looked at how many twitter followers he has now (less than 20k) but he's nearly at 9 million monthly listeners on Spotify, wild, wish I checked him out at Pukkelpop now as I'll be at Muse for sure.

Went to see Kendrick last night in Antwerp, amazing show. Definitely headline material for Werchter, would be a nice co-head with Stromae.

He also ended his show with a "I will be back", but that's pretty much standard practice, so I wouldn't read into it too much. Gave me just the amount of hope I needed though ! 😄

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yeah I completely looked over that, I also only looked at how many twitter followers he has now (less than 20k) but he's nearly at 9 million monthly listeners on Spotify, wild, wish I checked him out at Pukkelpop now as I'll be at Muse for sure.

I watched him at PKP and was totally blown away, probably my favourite act over the whole weekend. Think it's one of those situations where it's best to just ignore stats and perceptions about how 'big' someone is and just go and see them. Having said that, he'll be huge by next summer so this is a great booking imo.

The guy is unbelievably talented and watching him drumming away on the pads was just mind-boggling. That was a show in itself, but the music is brilliant too. He's got the potential to be as huge as any live dance act (Chems, Disclosure, Prodigy, Underworld etc) and don't think it will be long before he's headlining/closing Main stages at festivals.

• Upvote 2

Roskilde and Isle of wight placed their first names. I expected higher names of roskilde. I think  James bay, George ezra, Christine and the queens, mayb3 maybe pulp, gangs of Youth, Sam ryder, denzel curry are the chance getters to play at werchter.