Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

LAODS of other acts I'd like to see back from that 2020 poster: Disclosure, Wilco, Liam G, Archive, Kendrick, The Streets (also dropped out 2022), Anderson Paak, City & Colour, SOAD, Volbeat, Placebo.

Damn, just remembered how much I was looking forward to 2020 at the time!

Sadly Faith No More are almost guaranteed out, Mike's only just getting over his agoraphobia by trialling two Mr. Bungle shows in December. Probably not enough time after that to put FNM back together and tour summer. 

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

LAODS of other acts I'd like to see back from that 2020 poster: Disclosure, Wilco, Liam G, Archive, Kendrick, The Streets (also dropped out 2022), Anderson Paak, City & Colour, SOAD, Volbeat, Placebo.

Unfortunately, you can rule out Archive for the 2023 poster too (Darius was diagnosed with cancer and their entire tour was postponed until autumn '23). Disclosure were there last summer though 😉

12 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Unfortunately, you can rule out Archive for the 2023 poster too (Darius was diagnosed with cancer and their entire tour was postponed until autumn '23). Disclosure were there last summer though 😉

Oh that's sad to hear 😔 Forgot about Disclosure playing this year, we were getting a good spot for The Killers and didn't fancy dancing after a tray of Stoofvlees! 

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Damn, just remembered how much I was looking forward to 2020 at the time!

Sadly Faith No More are almost guaranteed out, Mike's only just getting over his agoraphobia by trialling two Mr. Bungle shows in December. Probably not enough time after that to put FNM back together and tour summer. 

Thom Yorke too! Hoping to see him in Werchter next year. 

11 hours ago, lighthouse said:

They would be a small Barn head then…

As a huge fan, I am certainly biased, but compared to some of the Barn heads of previous years (Disclosure, Khalid, Marshmello, Jorja Smith, Jamie XX, Polo G, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, Elbow...), I'd say thet're about just big enough. Yes, they're not a NIN or a Kylie, but I'd say such big barn heads are not the majority (two per edition maximum).

2 hours ago, polnico said:

As a huge fan, I am certainly biased, but compared to some of the Barn heads of previous years (Disclosure, Khalid, Marshmello, Jorja Smith, Jamie XX, Polo G, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, Elbow...), I'd say thet're about just big enough. Yes, they're not a NIN or a Kylie, but I'd say such big barn heads are not the majority (two per edition maximum).

Yeah if it was in the UK they'd be comparable with those acts but not Belgium

On 10/14/2022 at 9:16 AM, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yeah if it was in the UK they'd be comparable with those acts but not Belgium

I had this conversation last year.

Rock Werchter obviously think they are big enough for Belgium as they had them to play at the Encore event last year on a 1930hrs slot. Before the whole thing got pulled.

On 10/12/2022 at 10:17 AM, polnico said:

Pretty happy about this, but I understand that this might end up being the smallest of all headliners. Hoping for a nice co-head that day, Kendrick / Tame Impala would both work well with Stromae to form a nice "poppier day" (Tame Impala's gotta play in the dark though)

3x Amsterdam Ziggo + 3 times Brussels...might be small in your book, but not in Belgium/Netherlands. Many people left after his show at Boutique and did not even stick around for Gorillaz.

5 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

3x Amsterdam Ziggo + 3 times Brussels...might be small in your book, but not in Belgium/Netherlands. Many people left after his show at Boutique and did not even stick around for Gorillaz.

I am from Belgium, so believe me, I definitely know how big Stromae is. Probably should have added "smallest headliner on an international basis", but it's true that he's been solding out shows in the USA. I still feel he'll be one of the smallest though, simply because he's one less likely to shift tickets to people coming from UK, Ireland and other countries. He'll sell plenty of tickets to people from Benelux/France though.

• Upvote 2