Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

I don't see how MGK could already be an headliner... glad it's a wish/fake, not a leak. Even if there are tons of good names. But I don't imagine the Rock Am Ring not bringing back SlipKnot as they release their new album today...

Could RW make a young day like the Saturday of this year? With some acts selling well in Belgium like Olivia Rodrigo (8k), MGK (10k), My Chemical RomanceParamoreBring Me The Horizon and maybe again Yungblud.

2022 vs 2023
Imagine Dragons - Muse 
Twenty One Pilots - My Chemical Romance
Anne-Marie - Machine Gun Kelly
Yungblud - Paramore
Maneskin - Olivia Rodrigo
Nothing But Thieves - Simple Plan
Goldband - Gayle

On 9/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Nicklord said:

So with Muse (almost) confirmed I guess QOTSA and The 1975 are almost locks as well? 

I thought Muse might announce Werchter along with their announcements of festivals in Germany and the Czech Republic that also came this week. Unless they're planning to keep those announcements for a few weeks.

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I thought Muse might announce Werchter along with their announcements of festivals in Germany and the Czech Republic that also came this week. Unless they're planning to keep those announcements for a few weeks.

I guess Werchter is waiting for a big headliner to give their go. Probably they want to announce this name first instead of Muse

12 hours ago, Jefb said:

I guess Werchter is waiting for a big headliner to give their go. Probably they want to announce this name first instead of Muse

It's as much the festival's discretion tbf. Rock for People and Hurricane/Southside had a lot of announcements whereas Werchter may well just not be quite there yet.

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's as much the festival's discretion tbf. Rock for People and Hurricane/Southside had a lot of announcements whereas Werchter may well just not be quite there yet.

Rock Werchter always announces the headliners separately, so not having multiple names shouldn't be a problem. That's why I think they just want to wait

5 hours ago, Jefb said:

Rock Werchter always announces the headliners separately, so not having multiple names shouldn't be a problem. That's why I think they just want to wait

they usuelly annouced a big name each week when they start.

they probably waiting for 2-3 more names to allow annocments and then run with it

22 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

they usuelly annouced a big name each week when they start.

they probably waiting for 2-3 more names to allow annocments and then run with it

I remembered a few years ago when they announced in one week one headliner per day and then a few names on the Friday. Or sometimes, announced 2 headliners and a bunch of names in the same week. Would love to see them doing this again this year!

3 hours ago, Archi said:

I remembered a few years ago when they announced in one week one headliner per day and then a few names on the Friday. Or sometimes, announced 2 headliners and a bunch of names in the same week. Would love to see them doing this again this year!

It might have been 2010 edition, I am sure they announced headliners early December back then 

26 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Depeche Mode announced a date in Antwerp, but there is a suspiciously big 5 day gap over Werchter weekend which covers the Friday-Sun

I think they would have announced it if they were. Primavera just confirmed them as their first headliners for 2023. Booking Depeche Mode isn't something you keep a secret. 

4 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah I hadn’t twigged the Primavera dates when I first put my post. Shame as they would have pretty much guaranteed my ticket and I’m reluctant to do Primavera after the reviews of last year. 

We're not doing Primavera after going this year. Not until we know they've fixed the diabolical water situation. 

Shame because Depeche Mode are definitely in the upper tier of acts that would get us back. 

RATM and DM both out definitely aren't good news. With some luck this could open the door for SOAD ? If they were booked for a set of Rock/Metal festivals in next summer, they're gonna need big replacements for sure, and SOAD would fit these shoes perfectly... As long as they don't replace them with The 1975 à la R&L, I am alright!

• Upvote 1