What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Just now, Mike A said:

Oh no!

I hope you're able to straighten that out before the festival. I can imagine wearing that hat only adds to the stress on you back.

exercise is dangerous too ... should never have gone for a swim 🙂 .... fortunately have a very lightweight one as a reserve this time 

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Are you going barefoot over woodchips?! Ouchie!

Absolutely not! I'm normally a Converse wearer at the festival. But because of that bloody woodchip causing me issues last year, I have bought some walking boots. Been breaking them in over the last couple of months. They are so comfy! 

15 hours ago, Calum stoke said:

Tested the set up of my 4 man f&b last night. Dead easy to erect, pack up. Well impressed. 

What I’m not impressed about is my mate’s 3 man I ordered from decathlon eBay on Monday. Still not been dispatched and no answer to my messages. Was supposed to be delivered today. Think a last minute dash to their nearest store in Telford may have to happen on Monday if it’s still not here. Wont be impressed if I have to do that. 

Just be aware that there are two 3 man f&b - one with a porch and one without.  Last year Telford only stocked the one without.  I had to order the one with a porch online.  If I hadn't have looked at the ones online, I wouldn't have known the difference.

9 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Immensely relieved to at last have my CV fixed and MOT’d, collected it first thing this morning, already loaded up but before I head off Monday morning it’s Springsteen tomorrow at Villa Park.

Staying right by the festival on Monday, hope to be setting up camp close to the top of the Hill of Death!

Phew!! All sorted!

You should be right on the front row on Monday hey? Be a darl and sweet talk the stewards to let us on early Tues morning won't you 😜

22 hours ago, Calum stoke said:

Tested the set up of my 4 man f&b last night. Dead easy to erect, pack up. Well impressed. 

What I’m not impressed about is my mate’s 3 man I ordered from decathlon eBay on Monday. Still not been dispatched and no answer to my messages. Was supposed to be delivered today. Think a last minute dash to their nearest store in Telford may have to happen on Monday if it’s still not here. Wont be impressed if I have to do that. 

You could order a backup from the Next website. Next are good with refunds if you end up with two being delivered.

17 minutes ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

You could order a backup from the Next website. Next are good with refunds if you end up with two being delivered.

Thanks mate. May do that. They said it had been dispatched yesterday. DPD 2 day. So hopefully here by Monday. 

38 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Phew!! All sorted!

You should be right on the front row on Monday hey? Be a darl and sweet talk the stewards to let us on early Tues morning won't you 😜

Thanks again! Only time the early Tuesday didn’t work was the very wet year so should be ok. I think the cv fields opened before 8:00 last year.

• Upvote 1

I had my eyebrows microbladed yesterday. Im blooming hairless due to my treatment. They look fab and Im so pleased. Im abit nervous about this heat as I dont think i can wig it. So now I need some good sun hats that look nice if you know of any. I bought some from Tilley but they cost a fortune and are really sweaty!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Thanks again! Only time the early Tuesday didn’t work was the very wet year so should be ok. I think the cv fields opened before 8:00 last year.

That's insane, last year was our first year in campervan and the "official" opening time was 12 i think, by the time we got in we ended up at the far end of E17, was like an extra 25minute trek at the end of each night

Hoping to get in as early as possible this year too and have a nice short walk, we've got a pram this time so dreading the walk back up that hill each night

Today though, out of office set, packing the van, and doing a little whistle stop brewery tour on our way south over the weekend. First up, Rivington

31 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

That's insane, last year was our first year in campervan and the "official" opening time was 12 i think, by the time we got in we ended up at the far end of E17, was like an extra 25minute trek at the end of each night

Hoping to get in as early as possible this year too and have a nice short walk, we've got a pram this time so dreading the walk back up that hill each night

Today though, out of office set, packing the van, and doing a little whistle stop brewery tour on our way south over the weekend. First up, Rivington

Are you in General or Quiet? Because that makes a difference too. The general camping is further back

26 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Are you in General or Quiet? Because that makes a difference too. The general camping is further back

Yeah another lesson learned form last year, we got quiet.

We only got the campervan tickets last year in the resale, we had a lockdown baby like half of last years festival so didn't want to try camping with a six month old. Now we can never go back to camping, a curse!

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Yeah another lesson learned form last year, we got quiet.

We only got the campervan tickets last year in the resale, we had a lockdown baby like half of last years festival so didn't want to try camping with a six month old. Now we can never go back to camping, a curse!

In that case, you'll be fine whatever time you arrive you'll be closer 😊

Starting taking over the entire floor of my lounge laying stuff out, I'm the type of person that needs to visualise everything to work out if I'm missing anything! Also dug out my proper rain coat from top of the wardrobe - hoping I won't need it but you have to appease the weather gods.