What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I've rearranged a family visit for September and done a 180 on wishing to attend Glasto, which I thought wasn't going to be possible this year. After long discussions with Mrs Meatwagon, calendars out, sharpies and highlighters at the ready, we've found room for me to attend this year!

Just need my friends and I to get a ticket now.

Started listening to the Butters playlist on Spotify.  Am just reminded how much I like Blondie.

Also really enjoyed Amadou & Mariam.  Have seen them several times but the tracks on that playlist are particularly good.  Curious about ADG7.

4 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

My van passed its MOT 😅 

As did my twelve year old car. Despite me running into the back of someone about a week before the test.

One bulb (rear brake) replacement and advisories on one tyre and exhaust emissions. But strangely not the tyre with an obvious huge chunk of rubber just about clinging on off of the side of it. Go figure?

Insurance company told me it was a write off. Technically true I suppose, but it is purely bodywork/cosmetic damage rather than unfunctionable/unsafe to drive damage.

I am practising driving more carefully to get ready for Glastonbury.

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It sounds like I'm trolling but I'm genuinely curious, what is the benefit of a gilet? Don't your arms get cold while your body ia roasting? Is it even waterproof?

i was joking with the post anyway haha - no idea to answer your question! ask fred again maybe

On 3/28/2023 at 3:29 AM, Skip997 said:

£40 a day on food alone!

How much do people spend at Glastonbury?

Since you asked, my budget is £50 a day plus a £100 cushion. That covers all food, merch, and any additional drink I buy beyond what I bring in. I’ve found that’s a realistic figure, and I usually bring back a few bob as well. 

19 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Picked out our camping spot

02461B3B-28C9-4AD2-9286-C4CB4346FFE8.jpeg

In the middle of a path? (Where is that btw? Looks like maybe a bridge on the left?).

4 hours ago, TheDayman said:

In celebration of balance payment, I've lit the ceremonial candle 🙇‍♂️ 🙇‍♀️

20230316_133941.thumb.jpg.9d7334e07ab805630355246692d88662.jpg

/ longdrops / beer / sweat / weed / etc...