What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It takes a bit of planning, but going up one size on converse and putting proper insoles in them makes em a lot more comfy and supportive. They're a bit of a disgrace in foot comfort after a day if they're standard soles. 

Interesting…never thought to do that. I wore them for 3 days solid and I have high arches….by the time Macca rolled around my feet were in bits. I did a lot of walking mind.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Interesting…never thought to do that. I wore them for 3 days solid and I have high arches….by the time Macca rolled around my feet were in bits. I did a lot of walking mind.

I normally have a pair at any one time, and they're lovely to drive in, but for trampling around a farm for a good fifteen miles theyre just too harsh on the feet. I go for hiking boots or more robust trainers (and crocs for around the campsite 😆)

i have a pair of the massive oversized ones with huge soles at the mo, theyre alright! they dont actually shoot you up in height, the soles are a normal depth, they just look like crazy platforms . . . https://www.asos.com/converse/converse-run-star-hike-hi-trainers-in-black/prd/201219936?currencyid=1&browsecountry=GB&affid=25897&_EAIaIQobChMI_ZW0mvzx_QIVxvftCh3sPAKyEAQYAiABEgKKUvD_BwE&channelref=product+search&ppcadref=12029787983|117574734673|pla-1980842794023&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_ZW0mvzx_QIVxvftCh3sPAKyEAQYAiABEgKKUvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

23 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Not sure i could get away with them like 🤣

yeah, they're a bit of an acquired taste 😄 I've got great big feet, so i embrace their use for buoyancy 👍 i can  probably walk to france in them!

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I thought this year's creation was nearly complete? 

Is this a new new one?

yep this one is a new light weight version which will either be worn by a mate walking in front of me .... or by me when I need something lighter ... it weighs almost nothing 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yep this one is a new light weight version which will either be worn by a mate walking in front of me .... or by me when I need something lighter ... it weighs almost nothing 

Looks well engineered too! 

Crazy2hats? 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@squirrelarmy is pretty good with that sort of thing .... does it in his day job ... id have been happy with earlier versions but he keeps tweaking it 🙂 

Well I guess you can never have too many pyramid hats lol

What's it made from?  plastic?  I assume it's printed.

Just now, stuie said:

Well I guess you can never have too many pyramid hats lol

What's it made from?  plastic?  I assume it's printed.

3D printed plastic yep .... im going to add some el wire lights up the legs to give it a tron like effect  but think ill make it pretty simple ( he says now ) 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 4:15 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

hows that camper getting on @Skip997

New windows in, internal frame built, panels cut to size, paint bought. 

Next steps, board it out inside and paint the body. 

Wood burner already installed  

Feels like progress. 

Edited by Skip997