2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

• 3 weeks later...

I do wonder how sales are actually going for this   it seems they are offering up to £100 off 3 day tickets very easily and whenever I join the waiting list for 4 day VIP which are supposedly sold out I get a message within a couple of minutes that I can buy from that waiting list 

Just now, atomised said:

I do wonder how sales are actually going for this   it seems they are offering up to £100 off 3 day tickets very easily and whenever I join the waiting list for 4 day VIP which are supposedly sold out I get a message within a couple of minutes that I can buy from that waiting list 

As somebody who is always eyeing this festival as a yearly ‘maybe, if the lineup does it for me…’, this year was one of the first where the headliners put me as an immediate ‘nah’, and judging by other people’s reactions here, they haven’t gone down all too well in general. Think further down the lineup is fine and I’m sure I’d find plenty to watch if I did go, but overall it’s a lot of acts who seem to always do the rounds and not a whole lot that jumps out as particularly great or special bookings. BFMV being the ‘big’ headliner says it all really as their stock has fallen pretty drastically over the last few years. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was selling poorly. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As somebody who is always eyeing this festival as a yearly ‘maybe, if the lineup does it for me…’, this year was one of the first where the headliners put me as an immediate ‘nah’, and judging by other people’s reactions here, they haven’t gone down all too well in general. Think further down the lineup is fine and I’m sure I’d find plenty to watch if I did go, but overall it’s a lot of acts who seem to always do the rounds and not a whole lot that jumps out as particularly great or special bookings. BFMV being the ‘big’ headliner says it all really as their stock has fallen pretty drastically over the last few years. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was selling poorly. 

just seems the sort of tactics BST used to use to shift excess tickets 

2000trees have always had limited time sales but these £50-£100 off vouchers are the biggest I've seen (though they were doing £50 off earlier this year). General sentiment amongst our group is the undercard is amazing but headliners and a few of the bigger acts are extremely underwhelming and could be better.

Even with some of the more unique undercard, they're touring extensively around 2000trees so they're not impossible to miss. The only "true" exclusive they have got this year are basically Soft Play and The Wonder Years/Aaron West.

Tbh, I'm never really a fan of the headliners for most years and most of my mates go so I'm super looking forward to it and it's my favourite line up in ages (baring all of the headliners of course) but I am aware I am in the minority. Still think it's the best small festival in the country and offers a unique experience in the alternative scene.

13 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

A smaller attendance than last year won't be an issue for me, first time Trees had felt oversold.

Completely on board with this. After Slam Dunk last week a quieter affair with less queues will be very welcome. I absolutely dread to think what Download is going to be like this year (the fact it's totally sold out for the first time ever might be why Trees isn't selling as strongly).

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just booked tickets for our 1st 2000trees so any info appreciated......

I read somewhere that it is cashless but cannot find any info on their website (or am being a bit blind). Any ideas?

Yeah it cashless, you will upload money to a wristband before the festival, info on that should be out soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deanzor said:

I'm thinking about getting a Friday day ticket and coming down on my own. 

I want to go Friday evening after work and then Saturday but don’t think you can buy a ticket for a day and a half and get camping.

Anyone know any different and want to give two of us a lift from Bath/Bristol from like 4/5 on the Friday evening? Obviously will contribute to petrol/parking costs! 

On 6/11/2023 at 12:35 AM, foolee said:

I want to go Friday evening after work and then Saturday but don’t think you can buy a ticket for a day and a half and get camping.

Anyone know any different and want to give two of us a lift from Bath/Bristol from like 4/5 on the Friday evening? Obviously will contribute to petrol/parking costs! 

You will be able to camp, it’s basically one big area so I don’t think anyone will stop you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had entered a competition where one of the prizes was a weekend ticket for 2000 Trees. 

I got an email to say I hadn't won but here's £50 off for me and anyone else I know that wants to come along.

Few weeks later, I get another email where they say they had 76 people tell them they could not use their free ticket so my name went back in another draw and this time I won 😄 

Seems like they are still pretty keen to get attendance up whatever the cost (presuming hoping they make the money up at the bars etc)

Side note, I actually can't go so maybe there will be a 3rd draw 😄