2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

Sigur Ros have other commitments in Europe during Trees, and probably not quite the right fit anyway.

Greg Puciato playing a festival in Europe late June... Download more likely but an outside hope of Trees.

One can dream at least...

Re: headliners - do we think AFI are completely dead in the water now or still possible? Would have thought they would have been announced already if they were booked personally.

Edited by JoeT

40 minutes ago, JoeT said:

Greg Puciato playing a festival in Europe late June... Download more likely but an outside hope of Trees.

Yep, just added to Download.

I thought the same about Gaslight Anthem when I saw those US dates announced. A European festival run seems likely and they seem a good fit for a Trees headliner.

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

Still like The Gaslight Anthem as a shout for one of our missing headliners. Recently announced US tour dates for May and teased more to come on their Facebook page. 

Given their absence from Download's announcement today - where they would have been a good pick to play atop the third stage - going to consider them a very strong bet for this.

Some headline possibilities then, idk how likely but seem possible, and I've got some time to kill and ponder...

FIDLAR - new music out and have no shows booked other than the US between now and May.

Gaslight Anthem - same touring situation as Fidlar, overdue some UK shows.

AFI - Obvious reasons.

Funeral for a Friend - fit the bill, already booked for 1 EU fest in June.

Alexisonfire - yeah playing DL in June, but they're also at Rock the Park in London the week after trees so there's no exclusivity and they're doing EU shows.

Billy Talent - pretty much the same as Alexisonfire, although them playing Slam Dunk makes me doubtful.

Frank Turner- would be a bit underwhelming but it has felt like a while since he played, and has a gap in his dates throughout July.

The Mars Volta - probably more likely to end up at ATG, but they have new material out and are touring in Europe this summer.

Don Broco - Only dates are R&L and they're probably a decent shout for a headline slot.

Random stuff that probably won't happen but I can hope: Fightstar reunion, Title Fight reunion, Deftones, Fontaines DC, Gojira, Glassjaw, Mogwai