2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

4 hours ago, onlyacat said:

Oh I know how dates work... That's exciting. 

In the gigs last week they opened with new music that realeased 2 weeks before. The crowd knew every word. I also think headline a tent rather than main stage

I feel like they are main stage heads or nothing tbh. They basically sold out this last tour (Hammersmith Apollo, Brum Academy etc) on their own which is more than Thrice could do with Coheed and probably about the same JEW would do.

26 minutes ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Loathe are support for Spiritbox's July UK tour. Spiritbix now likely?

Well they only have the Saturday free, which I'd think might be travel time as they're in Belfast on the Sunday. But they're on good as golds marketing roster where most of the non UK artists get booked through so possible as sub for Frank Carter 

a few predictions/quick round up ahead of next weeks announcement:

The Xcerts just released a new song, new record coming this year, there's no better place for them to play than Trees, I think they're pretty much nailed on (they were meant to play last year too but it seemed to fall through)

Spiritbox, I still think this is unlikely but there IS a tiny gap in their tour schedule that would allow them to do it, given that Loathe, their main tour support, are also appearing at Trees. We could also perhaps account for Brand Of Sacrifice appearing at Trees, cause hey, if Loathe can do it why not

As I mentioned before, Twin Atlantic are going to be active at festivals in Europe and they have a longstanding history with the festival, so they could make an appearance

Crossfaith, Fangclub, Strange Bones, Stray From The Path, Dragged Under, Wargasm, Hot Milk - just a few bands I can think of that were booked for either last year, 2021 or 2020 which obvs didn't happen, that may still be keen / have an invitation to return to the festival 

Sleep Token, the hottest rising band in the world right now, I just can't see it, I could see them perhaps being added to Download, or another festival but I don't think Trees is the right fit for them, but who knows

Employed To Serve seem to be on the summer festival circuit, as are Paledusk who have made it clear they really wanna play in the UK soon, worth noting that Stray From The Path who I mentioned above are also around the EU in late June

some artists on the Rock Wercher line up that might be able to come right over and play Trees after that seem suited to the festival: City And Colour, Hot Milk, The Interrupters, Squid

Carpenter Brut seem to also be on the festival circuit in June, as are Clutch, Polaris, Stand Atlantic, The Amity Affliction, Black Flag, Man With A Mission, Evile, Electric Callboy, etc

Of course, there's always the: what if they got AFI back this time? question

Bleed From Within seem to be around in June/July too, as they finish their big US tour by the end of April which gives them some time to recover, take a break and then hit the UK/EU 

obviously the possibilities are almost endless but just wanted to throw out some possibilities that I could spot

A few personal wishes that I think would suit the fest but likely won't happen: Rise Of The Northstar (they don't come to the UK much but they're very active this summer in Europe), Palette Knife, Free Throw, Hot Mulligan, I wanna see lots of emo 

Nothing But Thieves have just been announced to headline the second stage at TRNSMT the Sunday of Trees weekend, they're clearly doing a European festival circuit playing RFP, RAR, Nova Rock etc. They're playing Reading and Leeds but not as headliners so could be a UK Headline Exclusive at Trees? They've done it before.

There's a big gap in Coheed's US tour over the summer - they're at Hellfest 2 weeks before Trees so I imagine they'll be on the European festival circuit. I could see them doing a UK Exclusive headline performing No World For Tomorrow in full at Trees, but maybe it's just wishful thinking 🙃

On 1/27/2023 at 5:24 AM, itskinglizard said:

a few predictions/quick round up ahead of next weeks announcement:

The Xcerts just released a new song, new record coming this year, there's no better place for them to play than Trees, I think they're pretty much nailed on (they were meant to play last year too but it seemed to fall through)

Spiritbox, I still think this is unlikely but there IS a tiny gap in their tour schedule that would allow them to do it, given that Loathe, their main tour support, are also appearing at Trees. We could also perhaps account for Brand Of Sacrifice appearing at Trees, cause hey, if Loathe can do it why not

As I mentioned before, Twin Atlantic are going to be active at festivals in Europe and they have a longstanding history with the festival, so they could make an appearance

Crossfaith, Fangclub, Strange Bones, Stray From The Path, Dragged Under, Wargasm, Hot Milk - just a few bands I can think of that were booked for either last year, 2021 or 2020 which obvs didn't happen, that may still be keen / have an invitation to return to the festival 

Sleep Token, the hottest rising band in the world right now, I just can't see it, I could see them perhaps being added to Download, or another festival but I don't think Trees is the right fit for them, but who knows

Employed To Serve seem to be on the summer festival circuit, as are Paledusk who have made it clear they really wanna play in the UK soon, worth noting that Stray From The Path who I mentioned above are also around the EU in late June

some artists on the Rock Wercher line up that might be able to come right over and play Trees after that seem suited to the festival: City And Colour, Hot Milk, The Interrupters, Squid

Carpenter Brut seem to also be on the festival circuit in June, as are Clutch, Polaris, Stand Atlantic, The Amity Affliction, Black Flag, Man With A Mission, Evile, Electric Callboy, etc

Of course, there's always the: what if they got AFI back this time? question

Bleed From Within seem to be around in June/July too, as they finish their big US tour by the end of April which gives them some time to recover, take a break and then hit the UK/EU 

obviously the possibilities are almost endless but just wanted to throw out some possibilities that I could spot

A few personal wishes that I think would suit the fest but likely won't happen: Rise Of The Northstar (they don't come to the UK much but they're very active this summer in Europe), Palette Knife, Free Throw, Hot Mulligan, I wanna see lots of emo 

Carpenter Brut in one of the tents would be chaos, I think Black Flag are doing outbreak 

1 minute ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Neither The Hives and Bloc Party aren't trees bands, Skindred most likely but there clues normally aren't that obvious 

I would say all 3 aren't Trees bands. As far as I am aware, there hasn't been a metal band headline trees. It's always typical been someone that fits a general description of alt rock, punk or emo. Most metal bands that play trees are typically either ATG bands, or metalcore bands with an emphasis on the core.

That being said, wouldn't be surprised with Skindred, but I'll be hoping for something like The Wonder Years will be on at the same.

Also good point about clues, I'm still trying to wrap my head around "Rose is a Liar" hinting towards Converge for ATG.

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I would say all 3 aren't Trees bands. As far as I am aware, there hasn't been a metal band headline trees. It's always typical been someone that fits a general description of alt rock, punk or emo. Most metal bands that play trees are typically either ATG bands, or metalcore bands with an emphasis on the core.

That being said, wouldn't be surprised with Skindred, but I'll be hoping for something like The Wonder Years will be on at the same.

Also good point about clues, I'm still trying to wrap my head around "Rose is a Liar" hinting towards Converge for ATG.

Took me a while, then realised it was referencing "All We Love We Leave Behind" and Rose leaving him in the water

30 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Based on the photo of the helicopter they tweeted and based on nothing, Trees and ATG are very good at hiding clues 

Good Charlotte- Lifestyles of the rich and the famous video.

Empire State Bastard- Vennart and biffys side project, the empire state building in the background

Ok I would absolutely LOVE Empire State Bastard to play 😬😬😬