LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

3 hours ago, Chazeboy said:

This year has surely proven that there most certainly is no pattern

I've not mentioned this before, but Glastonbury Twitter slid into my DMs last year, among a couple of other bits, they said "You're right though, there is no pattern." which pleased me no end. The poster by the webcam went up the next week.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 17

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I've not mentioned this before, but Glastonbury Twitter slid into my DMs last year, among a couple of other bits, they said "You're right though, there is no pattern." which pleased me no end. The poster by the webcam went up the next week.

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, nikkic said:

So what do we think this week? 

Key things to look forward to….

The map 

Arcadia 

Block 9

The Park 

How many of these will we get this week? 

croissant neuf tomorrow  so thats a day out the week and quiet so far today so that might be another out .... messing with us with those 2 weekend announcements 

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So what do we think this week? 

Key things to look forward to….

The map 

Arcadia 

Block 9

The Park 

How many of these will we get this week? 

Nothing today
CN tomorrow
Greenfields Thursday
Nothing til Monday

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Definitely no structured pattern as far as I've been able to see over the years. However, that doesn't mean it's random. It just means it takes different amounts of time to get ready each year. I'm sure things are released when certain criteria have been fulfilled (which is kind of a pattern, just one that is punters can't see).

I reckon only 2 this week; 

Croissant Neuf tomorrow & Arcadia Friday. 

Really wanting the map now though so i can analyse every small change to it. 

i wonder if Row Mead will return this year as a campsite or if they will keep that area for the Pyramid again. 

3 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

I reckon only 2 this week; 

Croissant Neuf tomorrow & Arcadia Friday. 

Really wanting the map now though so i can analyse every small change to it. 

i wonder if Row Mead will return this year as a campsite or if they will keep that area for the Pyramid again. 

im hoping it goes back to camping  ... will coldplay need it ? possibly not but maybe competition isnt so strong ? cant remember what they've played against previously 

Edited by Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im hoping it goes back to camping  ... will coldplay need it ? possibly not but maybe competition isnt so strong ? cant remember what they've played against previously 

hoping it goes back to camping too 

in re: to coldplay, I remember in 2016 when PJ Harvey was finishing on the Other, my next stop was Cyndi Lauper in the acoustic tent.  Had to travel through (in the mud) through the pyramid arena as the crowd was getting ready for Coldplay.  It was far more rammed than I had anticipated and the mud didnt speed things up at all.  However I don't see this as being an Elton or Macca - level crowd