LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

6 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

Why is that different to clashing two male options? This is exactly what should be happening with a balanced gender split. Female isn't a genre.

Well they make a big thing about booking more female acts and then book two big options at the same time on the two biggest stages so you can only see one?

19 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Well they make a big thing about booking more female acts and then book two big options at the same time on the two biggest stages so you can only see one?

As with male artists - the fans of one aren't necessarily fans of the other... because they're in different genres. 

Idles slot = weird

LCD slot = really bloody weird

Even though I like them both....

Those two bookings in particular, in those slots is what's dragged that poster down for me 🤷🏼‍♀️ (and the fact Stevie Nicks isn't on it.) And I say this again... I like them both, just not in those WEIRD slots!

And it is weird, theres no defending it 🤣

Roll on the area posters 👏🏼🙌🏼

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Idles slot = weird

LCD slot = really bloody weird

Even though I like them both....

Those two bookings in particular, in those slots is what's dragged that poster down for me 🤷🏼‍♀️ (and the fact Stevie Nicks isn't on it.) And I say this again... I like them both, just not in those WEIRD slots!

And it is weird, theres no defending it 🤣

Roll on the area posters 👏🏼🙌🏼

You could have booked LCD to headline Other, booked PJ Harvey for the sunset slot and Idles 3rd Pyramid if they had to. Surely Idles can't turn down Pyramid 3rd down....that's their absolute max slot and they are playing a sub equivalent slot. It makes booking Jake Bugg for Other reasonsable at the time

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Horses for courses. IDLES will be a bigger at Glasto because of the demographic. Spotify figures mean sod all here.

Yeah I feel people put way to much emphasis on Spotify figures, Avril Lavigne has more monthly Spotify listeners than all 3 other headliners and all 3 pyramid subs!

As does Cyndi lauper

Edited by Mcbatesman

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I think Avril Lavigne is going to be rammed to be fair... thought she'd get the pyramid. I'm gonna have no voice left, gonna be such a belting sing along

She'll be amazing. We've booked tickets for Manchester and will probably see her twice that week if we get resale tickets as the Other set can't be that long if she's that far down. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see impact on resale ticket day- can see K-pop fans suddenly becoming invested in getting tickets!! Not that I had heard of Seventeen but similar acts have obsessive fans. 

The Avril spot immediately looks odd but then you’ve got to think over the past few years Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo and Carly Rae Jepson have all done pretty much the same thing 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

The Avril spot immediately looks odd but then you’ve got to think over the past few years Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo and Carly Rae Jepson have all done pretty much the same thing 

Very different points in their careers though. I think something like the Miley slot would've made more sense as she will be a huge pull.

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sure - but those were all acts breaking through and on their way up.

Avril is (with no offence intended to her current output) more going to appeal to the nostalgia element that works on the Pyramid, with her having a handful of songs that were utterly inescapable 20+ years ago and that most people of just about all generations will still know today.

Edited by incident

So I know it's only been a day but when do we think the individual stages will start dropping posters. I asked Avalon and they said soon.

Do you think we'll get any more before balance payment day or maybe they start dropping them through the week? Or are we waiting until after resale?

It may have felt like a long time but it's actually a very early first poster drop.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Avril is (with no offence intended to her current output) more going to appeal to the nostalgia element that works on the Pyramid, with her having a handful of songs that were utterly inescapable 20+ years ago and that most people of just about all generations will still know today.

She's got about 4-5 songs that everyone knows and will sing along with...but I think the last 'hit' was a good 15+ years ago.

Made me feel old when I read recently she's 40 this year! 😄 

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Because those songs were iconic! And they still are, even my children who are 7 and 9 randomly sing them sometimes as they come up on YouTube shorts or whatever they watch. I think she's way more of a draw than Carly Rae Jepson... And Olivia Rodrigo did an Avri Lavigne slot and it went OFF!!! It's gonna be brilliant, I'm certain of it

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'd argue if it was down to songs/hits alone... Avril and Shania have the most iconic sing-alongs of the whole weekend by a mile

Like them or not, think you'd have to throw Coldplay in there as well.

And Cyndi Lauper.

But yeah.

Edited by incident