LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

There's absolutely no chance I will be handing my ticket back despite my disappointment at the lineup. Haven't read through all of this but are actual real life people claiming they are considering doing this?

I've seen a few...

Differing stages of grieving. They're in anger...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Is that not the exact same situation as Idles though?

Festivals have (or should have) a duty to *create* headliners, not just sitting there waiting for them to come to them. Else we’d just be having Established Festival Headliners like INSERT BAND WHO WERE POPULAR 10-15 YEARS AGO every year.

WizKid very much not my cup of tea but fair play for giving him the gig.

Sure - but theres creating headliners and giving HUGE bump ups

Wizkid was never going to have a big crowd but he'd sold multiple o2 nights

Truck and others are giving IDLES a go at headlining, glastonbury could have on Woodises for sure - a much more suitable slot for a band who does academies / ally pally

TL;DR - D Block who have never headlined a major fest i don't think and sold 4 o2 nights would be more suitable to be 'created into a headliner' than IDLES and their strings of academy dates

15 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Hope they get to acceptance before payment deadline

Nah. They don't deserve it. Chuck em back in the pot.

Actually that's mean. I just hope they're happy with their decision. People loving this line-up don't have tickets. Only fair.

The Fontaines/IDLES clash is clearly a victim of the last minute shuffling.  SZA: Other - Pyramid, IDLES - last minute booking to replace SZA.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah I am kinda surprised Idles are headlining other above d- block to be honest as they have to be the bigger act on paper.

Also, seems weird that idles and fontaines are clashing  Very big crossover in fans. 

Nah. IDLES way more well known.

I like DBE and will hopefully be seeing them but IDLES have to be a bigger draw at Glasto. Given DBE are from Lewisham and the O2 is essentially walking distance from where they grew up it's very much a homecoming gig.

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nah. IDLES way more well known.

I love idles and will be going to their Margate gig but Just amazes they’ve been bumped up to that slot.  A Thursday headliner at truck and 3rd down at victorious screams that it was a last minute panic shuffle about  (but yeah probably more known at Glasto than DBE)

Edited by sisco

33 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Can’t stand either but DBE have 10x the spotify listeners and headlined Wireless alongside Travis Scott and Playboi Carti who are huge. Idles can’t even headline Truck Festival properly

Horses for courses. IDLES will be a bigger at Glasto because of the demographic. Spotify figures mean sod all here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Superscally said:

Horses for courses. IDLES will be a bigger at Glasto because of the demographic. Spotify figures mean sod all here.

I think you’d be surprised. DBE attract a lot of casual listeners, whereas Idles has a very loud cult fan base. Reckon it’d be fairly even between the two

Decent birthday treat for me today for the line-up drop - im honestly delighted with the line-up, the top two stages aren't for me but I am never anywhere near main stages usually at festivals.

There is honestly great music of every genre somewhere on that poster and glad they have got some really great picks from the 'modern' bracket of artists.

Also is it safe to say I can bank on getting to see Jamie XX (fri) - Coldplay (sat) - Justice (sun)?

Really hope we get Nia Archives into Justice as that would be an amazing party to end the weekend.

Edited by SilverLining
forgot summit

8 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Decent birthday treat for me today for the line-up drop - im honestly delighted with the line-up, the top two stages aren't for me but I am never anywhere near main stages usually at festivals.

There is honestly great music of every genre somewhere on that poster and glad they have got some really great picks from the 'modern' bracket of artists.

Also is it safe to say I can bank on getting to see Jamie XX (fri) - Coldplay (sat) - Justice (sun)?

Really hope we get Nia Archives into Justice as that would be an amazing party to end the weekend.

I second you here dude. Lcd and jamie xx fri, simz and coldplay sat, nia and justice sunday. Its nothing outstanding but we'll make it great!

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Nah. They don't deserve it. Chuck em back in the pot.

Actually that's mean. I just hope they're happy with their decision. People loving this line-up don't have tickets. Only fair.

True true