LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

34 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Absolutely agree. It's the Internet equivalent of standing in the middle of a sandstorm. Very cliquey too.

I've found that with most Discord channels, even ones you'd imagine would be very friendly. It might just be due to the MSN messenger style chat meaning people end up with their favs more quickly

9 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Who are some of the regulars from here that have jumped ship? Anyone decent? Is that where Russy has vanished to...

Every single person is more than welcome back and a majority are browsing anyway 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I know the line up has a Giedie Prime vibe coming off it right now, bit if Keane genuinely do wind up taking up prime real estate on the Pyramid in the year of our lord 2024....

The Streets too. Based on a couple of very good albums over 20 years ago. Complete rubbish since.

But at least they had good albums at some point. Keane however... 😄

Edited by Chip Batch

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

How accurate in previous years have peoples predictions/clash finder been?

Some is based off knowledge, some off reasonable guesses, and some simply just filing in the gaps, so basically I wouldn’t take much from them at all as Glastonbury is progressively harder to figure out, especially as they seem to stick some acts in the weirdest f**king slots sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Keane being one of the acts that TikTok has helped boost back to relevancy is very funny to me, but It meaning they’re now getting the highest placing they’ve ever had at Glastonbury is grim stuff.

Suddenly in favour of this new TikTok ban that they have now.

1 minute ago, erndogz said:

The Streets headlined last years Pilton party didn't they? and aren't Keane headlining Glastonbury Extravaganza? scratching an itch maybe?

They did . And it usually follows a decent slot at the festival 

On the Keane... Jake Bugg, Kaiser Cheifs etc etc front.

I think there is a whole bundle of music listeners who listened to these acts in the early noughties who only ever bought these acts first albums then abruptly stopped listening to music altogether but still go to festivals. They have nearly no knowledge of music after 2005 and will fight you say the Kooks are not big enough to headline.....

It's been sustaining Neighborhood weekender for years. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, incident said:

I'm going to be careful how I phrase this.

But I've figured out a little about the Glastonbury CMS, and can say with reasonable confidence - if the poster had been both:
a. uploaded
b. left publicly visible

Then I would have found it. That's regardless of whether it had an obfuscated name or not, and regardless of whether it was linked from somewhere. So either it's not up yet, or it's been hidden/restricted. I'm leaning towards the latter being correct, but only with like 60% confidence.

As somewhat proof of this - I will say that they uploaded this a couple days ago, which I like to think is a (not so) subtle message to people like me. I don't think you'll find that page linked from anything public.

Cuck?

2 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

How accurate in previous years have peoples predictions/clash finder been?

Hit and miss.

There'll be stuff on there that's right, and stuff that's wrong. But no way of telling which is which beyond the various rumours / self confirms that are already out there.

It's worth re-stating that any clashfinder at this point (and for at least another couple months) can automatically be considered to involve a decent amount of guesswork. It's not like the Festival are going to use it internally, and so there's nothing on there to be "leaked" in the first place. The first time Clashfinder has real data is almost certainly going to be in late May / early June when the Festival release official times which then get bulk imported.

3 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

Well this has to clearly be bollox just by looking at the set times ??

To be fair, Coldplay starting 15 minutes before curfew would make quite a few people happy.