LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

SZA tickets for BST go on sale at 9am on Friday 8th. Another sign we might get our lineup shortly afterwards? 10am?

If anything surely it's less likely?. You'd think if there is an agreement not to announce her early so they can sell BST they'd want to give it a good 24 hour grace period?

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

If anything surely it's less likely?. You'd think if there is an agreement not to announce her early so they can sell BST they'd want to give it a good 24 hour grace period?

Think you're all forgetting BST is June 29th so no-one will be getting tickets who is going to Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

SZA tickets for BST go on sale at 9am on Friday 8th. Another sign we might get our lineup shortly afterwards? 10am?

I'm not sure it'll matter really as they are clashing events anyway. You can't go to it if attending Glastonbury and vice versa. And you can't just decide you're going to a sold out event.

7 hours ago, kpins said:

Think you're all forgetting BST is June 29th so no-one will be getting tickets who is going to Glastonbury. 

I was more thinking so people who don't have glastonbury tickets and want to see SZA don't think, "let's just try the glastonbury resale" instead of getting the BST tickets Friday.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'll still want to put some clear daylight between the announcements if BST are paying the lion's share of the £££

For sure.

The fact that it's the same weekend is of minimal relevance. It's fairly unusual that BST don't announce first - and I don't just mean relative to Glastonbury, I mean relative to UK appearances generally. For the most part the only time they don't is when they've booked the act late on (so like LDR last year). It's just how they like to do it.

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I was more thinking so people who don't have glastonbury tickets and want to see SZA don't think, "let's just try the glastonbury resale" instead of getting the BST tickets Friday.

Is it not more people will think I can watch that on tv at Glastonbury so I’m not paying £150 to go to BST

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m not going with the women’s day extra announcement   just think as we’ve had nothing now it’ll just be the poster now . But just in case @gooner1990 is there anyone you can send down there to have a listen ? 

I want to go in there myself but as it has no relation to my day job management said no....I may ask if I can go and make up the after.....tbh I'm surprised its not being live streamed as most events are these days.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

OK, spoke to my boss...he's agreed I can go to the talk with Emily on Thurs at 2pm. 🙂

Will hopefully be allowed to keep my phone on to relay info. 🙂 

Nice one . Thanks . There’s a pint in it on the farm 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nice one . Thanks . There’s a pint in it on the farm 🙂 

I'll try my best! 

Not sure what the signal is like in the Sheldonian Theatre, its about 500 years old!

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m not going with the women’s day extra announcement   just think as we’ve had nothing now it’ll just be the poster now . But just in case @gooner1990 is there anyone you can send down there to have a listen ? 

Tend to agree with that.  International women’s day is an important event, dealing with equality issues etc maybe announcing glastonbury headliners might detract from the main purpose of the day? They maybe wouldn’t want that to be what the media go large on. 

54 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

OK, spoke to my boss...he's agreed I can go to the talk with Emily on Thurs at 2pm. 🙂

Will hopefully be allowed to keep my phone on to relay info. 🙂 

Good stuff! A simple video message from Emily to eFestivals with all the inside info will suffice! 

• Upvote 1