LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

12 hours ago, wro_lap said:

One of my favourite bits of the lead up is when the Glade/Block9 or somewhere announces their lineup, I don't know a single one of them, yet I get to witness others anticipate their special moments of the weekend and get new recommendations out of it. Roll on announcement season

Silver Hayes is now firmly in this select group now - they are absolutely killing it now Team Love are in charge names wise.

• Upvote 2

Chatting at a gig last night and everyone thinks this is the longest they can remember with full radio silence.  Don't want to read into it, but do you think the dearth of talent on the road this year is causing problems?  Definitely less decent fish in the pool in '24 than many other years.  (larger stages mainly).

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Chatting at a gig last night and everyone thinks this is the longest they can remember with full radio silence.  Don't want to read into it, but do you think the dearth of talent on the road this year is causing problems?  Definitely less decent fish in the pool in '24 than many other years.  (larger stages mainly).

It's either this and they're struggling to book some acts, or they've decided to wait because the headliners/legend don't justify their own announcements. Being less cynical, they might be trying to build excitement as Emily has often said she would like to do a bigger drop instead of drip feeding. 

I'm personally finding it very annoying as I like using this time to research the acts whilst i'm working. I have tickets and this will be my 10th year, but I may cancel if the acts aren't my thing as I'm also moving house so the funds are needed.

Edited by discgoesmic

3 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

It's either this and they're struggling to book some acts, or they've decided to wait because the headliners/legend don't justify their own announcements. Being less cynical, they might be trying to build excitement as Emily has often said she would like to do a bigger drop instead of drip feeding. 

I'm personally finding it very annoying as I like using this time to research the acts whilst i'm working.

Same.  I always Spotify a good chunk of the acts that get announced and have made some great discoveries that way over the years.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

it definitely is ... @Gnomicide said so a few days back 

13 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I dunno mate. Maybe just me and my foibles, but I think there's more headliner-suitable acts in the ether this year than many others.

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

it definitely is ... @Gnomicide said so a few days back 

Aye, longest with nothing since 2003.

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I dunno mate. Maybe just me and my foibles, but I think there's more headliner-suitable acts in the ether this year than many others.

Yep and I think a lot of smaller festivals have very good headliners this year. Perhaps part of the issue is that Glasto don't pay particularly well. I saw an article which suggested acts are realising they can make far more money from their own tours instead of festivals, so perhaps this contributes.

22 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

CHATTING? AT A GIG? Have we learnt nothing. Shocked and saddened.

Well....  I all of a suddern think the next announcement is exactly 1:30 tomorrow afternoon.

I'm sure a lot of you have the same expectation all of a sudden

Try to act suprised lol

Hey wear your jacket that has a Pyramid on the shoulder to make it even less subtle......

Screenshot_20240221-114712_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Ben7amin_

11 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

CHATTING? AT A GIG? Have we learnt nothing. Shocked and saddened.

Between the support act and main act I hasten to add......

Think I've missed something, why is there now a sudden expectation for an announcement? 

8 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Well....  I all of a suddern think the next announcement is exactly 1:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Try to act suprised lol

Hey wear your jacket that has a Pyramid on the shoulder to make it even less subtle......

8 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Try to act suprised lol

Looks like an unofficial page, is this video recent?

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There’s clearly something coming but lunchtime on a Thursday would be a strange time to release more than just Coldplay. Usually in the morning so it can get in the Evening Standard or the evening when people have finished work IIRC. 

I mean Coldplay have recorded a real specifying that time and date with a blatant Pyramid in the picture. I doubt it would be to hard to tell the papers in advance. 

Actually hold fire on that....

Edited by Ben7amin_

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Never known a Pyramid headliner to tease their announcement in advance anyway tbf. Closest was probably the Foos playing that pub. 

Macca posting a pseudo-wordle thing to social media comes straight to mind.