LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

As it's likely Kidz Field is today, and I'm on a 4 hour train ride, might as well build up some excitement.

Is Basil Brush still cool? Bodger and Badger have had their time in the sun, surely?

Sadly as of 2017 it would have to be a Badger solo appearance 😞

1 hour ago, Cleetus said:

Kidz field doesn't count as an announcement. 

I mean seriously, it doesn't matter what's on.

The kids wont care, its just a bunch of noise and colours, and the parents don't want to be there regardless.

Tbf if Hacker T. Dog is announced I'll be there in a heartbeat - even if it clashes with the headliners. We're just normal innocent men! 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ilovelanegan said:

This is completely accurate... UNLESS we were to be gifted a special appearance by the mum and dad voice actors from Bluey - in which case you can expect a stampede of Millennial parents (whether the kids are with them or not).

I would absolutely go and find Chili and Bandit and make them have a pint with me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KidneyTerra said:

As the majority of announcements are made during the working week, is The Thingy able to break it down to the day which announcements are made?  Would be good to know which day is prime for an announcement.  Probably a bit late for this year but something to think about for next year.

Last updated 22/04/22

Mon - 34
Tue - 51
Wed - 39
Thu - 34
Fri - 50
Sat - 4
Sun - 8

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

20 a week? How is that even possible. Haha. I had Google famous drum and bass artists but couldn't make any connections 😄

2 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Possibly a bit of hyperbole on my part 😂 

Entirely possible!  A few years back he played 3 sets at Boomtown in just one day! 🙂 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Arcadia doesn't count as an announcement.

I mean seriously, it doesn't matter what's on.

The pilled up ravers won't care, it's just a bunch of noise and fire, and anyone sober don't want to be there regardless.

Next stop for the controversial opinions thread!

Regardless of whether you like house/dnb/techno or not, you surely can't think that? 

6 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Stanton Warriors and Carl Cox both self confirming today and I assume both on the Glade. Must mean that poster is imminent....

Little bit of info creeping through

Steve Hillage - Saturday

African Head Charge - Sunday

and a bit more I'm not allowed to reveal.

Edited by Skip997
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if we already suspected this or not, and I know you can't always predict based on previous lineups, but I think we're missing at least 1 more park stage act.

Fri - ? acts
Sat - ? acts
Sun - ? acts
Total - 25

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 8 acts
Total - 26

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 27

Fri - 10 acts
Sat - 10 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 29

1 hour ago, squareheadz said:

Just realised I posted my comment assuming someone had already posted the Park poster but I guess not.

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/park-line-up-poster-2023-full-resolution-01-01.jpg

The Stonebridge line-up is ridiculously strong!! I know this seems to get raised each year but surely they must be upgrading to a larger tent!?

28 minutes ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

The Stonebridge line-up is ridiculously strong!! I know this seems to get raised each year but surely they must be upgrading to a larger tent!?

Would be great if they did, it gets so overcrowded up there.

Edit - apparently they have actually got a bigger tent!

Edited by coma girl

1 hour ago, ManLj said:

Not sure if we already suspected this or not, and I know you can't always predict based on previous lineups, but I think we're missing at least 1 more park stage act.

Fri - ? acts
Sat - ? acts
Sun - ? acts
Total - 25

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 8 acts
Total - 26

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 27