LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just out of interest have we ever had anyone that knows when one of these announcements is due ? Or is it just people guessing … 

Last weekend 🙂

Plus the person that said Silver Hayes would be a Saturday was pretty close - it was never (likely at least) going to be a Saturday and they were only a day or two off I think.

Just now, p.pete said:

Plus the person that said Silver Hayes would be a Saturday was pretty close - it was never (likely at least) going to be a Saturday and they were only a day or two off I think.

To be fair, being within a day or two of a Saturday covers most of the week - it's only Tuesday and Wednesday left to be wrong.

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Last weekend 🙂

That info came from croissant Neuf themselves didn’t it ? And even they got it wrong … unless Friday is now the weekend officially ? 

Edited by Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, incident said:

To be fair, being within a day or two of a Saturday covers most of the week - it's only Tuesday and Wednesday left to be wrong.

Except it was a couple of weeks before the announcement (which dropped on a Thursday in the end) - as Neil says, his information is always 100% correct at the point at which he hears it.  It was @KidneyTerra - not sure if the incriminating post is still up anywhere

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Obviously some bits of info leak whose playing , site changes etc … I’m just not sure the poster announcements have 

Speaking of which.  How's that map coming along? 😄 

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just out of interest have we ever had anyone that knows when one of these announcements is due ? Or is it just people guessing … 

Not this year. Had a couple of advance warnings last time round but it has been quieter.

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Speaking of which.  How's that map coming along? 😄 

yeah I know ... I guess its ready as I was told but it has to fit with the announcement plan ..... like they might not release the map until we get woodsies poster for example as thats changing 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah I know ... I guess its ready as I was told but it has to fit with the announcement plan ..... like they might not release the map until we get woodsies poster for example as thats changing 

My thought is that they maybe have a lot of traders for example that need lots of extra leg work.  If areas are being jumbled about then they're being shoved about the place too so probably best to make sure any other side of things, like that, get settled before they splash out the news more publicly.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ah interesting have you seen any on here ? i cant recall anything but my memory is shocking 

The SH one was close but not spot on so may have been info, wrong info or a lucky guess. As @siscohas mentioned, someone has mentioned the 10th for SL but I can't recall who (or where).

Just now, p.pete said:

My thought is that they maybe have a lot of traders for example that need lots of extra leg work.  If areas are being jumbled about then they're being shoved about the place too so probably best to make sure any other side of things, like that, get settled before they splash out the news more publicly.

the first map is a more general map ..... the more  detailed ones follow that i believe ....

1 hour ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

Where does this leave us? Seeing as they felt the need to fit a few in by Weds then there could be more to come this week - Latino or The Common would be my guess. Wouldn't be surprised if that's it until next Tues though...

Nothing tomorrow and maybe The Common on Friday?

53 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

so have secret sets been scrapped completely this year?

I guess we'll know at the end of May if the fuller lineup is littered with TBA's - I don't think people (who are 'people'?, it's secret) reckon they'll be gotten rid of, they just won't be really big acts on stages too small to cope.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

I want to know what's happening with Williams Green. Is there gonna be a new stage there instead or does nobody really know what's happening there..?

Yeah really want to know this, some of the best left field/alternative bands of the entire festival were booked there. Hopefully there's a replacement

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Yeah really want to know this, some of the best left field/alternative bands of the entire festival were booked there. Hopefully there's a replacement

+1

I know the Thursday became ridiculous but it was such a great place to catch some cool, new bands over the rest of the weekend. Love the Guilty Pleasures type nights they have in the evening as well.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

+1

I know the Thursday became ridiculous but it was such a great place to catch some cool, new bands over the rest of the weekend. Love the Guilty Pleasures type nights they have in the evening as well.

Fantastic place to catch bands who have graduated from BBC Introducing but aren't near John Peel yet. Wouldn't mourn the lost of the Thursday TBAs if it meant keeping the stage vibe as was. 

• Upvote 1