LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

The Avalon poster was the one that got me so excited last year, and yet I didn't end up seeing anything there. Except our friend's band in the tea tent (can't remember the name of the tent) but the band was JS and the Lockerbillies. Catch them if you see them there again. Usually perform a couple of times 👍🏼

10 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

The Avalon poster was the one that got me so excited last year, and yet I didn't end up seeing anything there. Except our friend's band in the tea tent (can't remember the name of the tent) but the band was JS and the Lockerbillies. Catch them if you see them there again. Usually perform a couple of times 👍🏼

A friend spotted me in a vlog last night for Hobo Jones my annual pilgrimage . and we realised that 3 lots of the virtual meet crew were there and not one of them spotted me with my hat on on the day ... so we are likely to have a mini vm meet up there this year . would have thought you might find them fun ? 

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

A friend spotted me in a vlog last night for Hobo Jones my annual pilgrimage . and we realised that 3 lots of the virtual meet crew were there and not one of them spotted me with my hat on on the day ... so we are likely to have a mini vm meet up there this year . would have thought you might find them fun ? 

Yeh I'll come and join in for Hobo Jones for sure. Haven't been to see him before 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Think they were calling it the Flying Machine Cafe, but I still think of it as the Avalon Cafe.

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

9A9440CA-76B8-46F8-B86F-62960689FCED.gif

On 3/26/2023 at 10:12 AM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

They are regulars in what was the Avalon cafe , we usually managed to see them on the Thursday. Nice bit of rock n roll. We also saw a terrific violinist, called something like Nikocha, in that venue 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Today or tomorrow to nudge people into paying off the balances?

Odd to find this thread on page 2 at the end of March

My 40th tomorrow, so there’s going to be the announcement that Pulp are playing in a slot which clashes with nobody else I want to see. 

Who am I kidding, it’ll be a poster drop for the Kidz Field or something. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Can’t see that . They’ll want to encourage people to pay off balances @Gnomicide how do announcements relate to balance payment week ? 

What are the chances of another announcement before deadline day?

3 times the 1st line-up poster has been released within 11 days prior to deadline day. But we've already had that.

Twice 2 acts have been announced within 11 days - 2014 & 2017.

In short 🤷

#ThereIsNoPattern

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

What are the chances of another announcement before deadline day?

3 times the 1st line-up poster has been released within 11 days prior to deadline day. But we've already had that.

Twice 2 acts have been announced within 11 days - 2014 & 2017.

In short 🤷

#ThereIsNoPattern

Has there ever been an announcement during balance week? If not, thinking that if we get nothing today or tomorrow, the next likely day could be 11th April (assuming they don't go for a Bank Holiday announcement).

If anything is coming I think it will include some largish names, which rules out Avalon.

Silver Hayes seems a contender with a more youth oriented lineup to counterbalance the perceived old gits from the 1st poster. 

The Common could be a contender as they have suddenly become active on social media again in the last week or so but I don't think they tend to have BIG names? Could be wrong, I wouldn't know most big dance act names apart from the very well known ones.

If it was me, I'd go with Woodsies. New area, big up any changes and announce some of the top of the bill stuff. 

Something like this from 2008: http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7353000/7353856.stm

41 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

Has there ever been an announcement during balance week? If not, thinking that if we get nothing today or tomorrow, the next likely day could be 11th April (assuming they don't go for a Bank Holiday announcement).

In 2014 and 2022 the poster came out during balance week.

In 2017 D'Angelo was added to the line-up poster (no actual announcement) but then removed again.

That's it.