The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

The rain was always coming to break up the hot spells. If you had a to choose any point this week for it to rain, was there any other better time?

The builds done, most of the traders are on already on site so heavy traffic movement is at a minimum. Campervanners arriving later once the ground has had time to dry and all will be fine for when the hordes start arriving on site tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The rain was always coming to break up the hot spells. If you had a to choose any point this week for it to rain, was there any other better time?

The builds done, most of the traders are on already on site so heavy traffic movement is at a minimum. Campervanners arriving later once the ground has had time to dry and all will be fine for when the hordes start arriving on site tomorrow. 

I was thinking the same thing, all the traders seem to be in place on the webcam.  When do the caravan gates open anyway?

I’m a bit of a lurker around these parts, but as always have followed the weather thread with closer attention than I have ever paid to my own children… 

Just chipping in to add my thanks to everyone who has shared their weather wisdom and most especially to @briddj- have thoroughly enjoyed your updates and appreciate the time you’ve spent keeping us all on the edge of our seats! 

Setting off after the school run for the CV field, hoping the ground will have dried up by the time we get there (guessing around 1pm).

Have a fabulous festival all - here’s hoping there aren’t any more twists to the weather rollercoaster we’ve all being enjoying!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

😉 I'm 80-20 on leaving my walking boots at home now. Only got a couple of hours to decide tho...

Wow, living close to the edge! 

I've read the same forecast as you and I'm still worried I don't have wellies in addition to the Timberlands I'm already wearing. 

Clearly I've been burnt by festivals of the past! 

I'm near Newbury and the rain for the last couple of hours was extreme. The gully around my house was completely flooded  about a foot deep and a river of water running down the drive.  However, the rain has stopped for a hour now, and all looks good.  Water has soaked in, and no significant surface water left.

I think we should be fine,  and better to get it past this morning, rather than later when people are in the queues.