The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

6 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

'gone to sh*t' 30% chance of rain across 3 hours.....

image.thumb.png.fcdac8d5960de2303298c6a4675d5b13.png

Exactly... always worth looking at the percentages!!  The other day, BBC had the light rain symbol for the Friday... but when I clicked on the Friday, it was entirely based on there being a 25% change of light rain in a single one-hour slot!  Their choice of symbol to characterise an entire day is very strange sometimes!!

15 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

'gone to sh*t' 30% chance of rain across 3 hours.....

image.thumb.png.fcdac8d5960de2303298c6a4675d5b13.png

I "WANT" the little bit of drizzle part way through... Keep dust and pollen down. 

Have a son who suffers with hay fever like nobody I've ever met, last week he looked like he'd gone 12 rounds with Tyson. 

And the OH is severely asthmatic, and struggled with the dust on some parts of the site last year (like the big cross roads near San Remo.)

That kind of shower will not affect anybody's enjoyment negatively, but absolutely could help a lot of folks. @FuzzyDunlop included. 

Edited by Alvoram

6 minutes ago, CR77 said:

Exactly... always worth looking at the percentages!!  The other day, BBC had the light rain symbol for the Friday... but when I clicked on the Friday, it was entirely based on there being a 25% change of light rain in a single one-hour slot!  Their choice of symbol to characterise an entire day is very strange sometimes!!

BBC on Friday afternoon of the festival last year below. Note Sat and Sun  

Week of, it’s all about Met Office  

IMG_1370.png

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

4 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

It's a 30% chance of rain occuring in that hour slot. Which means that the chance of it not raining in that hour slot is 70%. So the chance of it consistently not raining at all is like 0.7^10, i.e. basically zero.

It's going to rain. 

Will buy you a pint if it rains during that period? Hopefully will cheer you up

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

It's a 30% chance of rain occuring in that hour slot. Which means that the chance of it not raining in that hour slot is 70%. So the chance of it consistently not raining at all is like 0.7^10, i.e. basically zero.

It's going to rain. 

Genuine question.

Do you think you’re funny? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gordong said:

I’m on site at the moment and it was so dusty yesterday from the vehicles. Made walking back after my shift really hard. A bit of rain would do us a favour. 

Thanks. Going to pack some buffs then!