The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No offense to Gav, he seems nice enough, but isn't he just reading from the least accurate model at this timeframe? And he's never been to the festival, so it's not as if he has any particular insights as to what effect the weather will have.

He's completely insane. 

Hangs out with a bad crowd.

Cupace20230617131815811.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Things are looking good imo. Hopefully looking like no chance of a washout. This was the one thing I was fearing as I shattered my femur skateboarding a couple years ago, and have done nothing remotely like Glastonbury since finishing a year of rehab. The sticky mud might have done me in. 

Just like music, weather is subjective. So everyone’s opinion is valid. (Even @The Nal, and especially @FuzzyDunlop)

Lets face it. If you’d wanted a week of 30° sunshine then you should’ve booked a week in Morocco. And maybe a week in Seattle for a week of rain. 

What ever happens it’s going be be a mega week of music, fun, silliness and memories. I for one, can’t f**king wait. 

• Like 1

Only I could prep for warmish weather only for the last few days.

Come in to see potential showers 😆

20-22degress is fine for me, I sweat like a bitch as it is. So coolish weather with no rain is perfect for me! Cold nights to put some joggers & hoodie on.

Edited by TGCarr

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thunderstorms are short and well spread out across the country. There’s a fair chance many areas including the farm will miss them. We were meant to get heavy rain and thunder yesterday. Instead it was hazy sunshine and I heard a faint distant rumble that could have been a butterfly farting. 

Yes, but a butterfly farting in Ayrshire could cause a tornado in Somerset (or something, I don't really understand chaos theory)

• Upvote 1

Honestly, The GFS needs to just get in the bin... I tried to rally an angry mob against it last night, but nobody was biting...

The ECM is our friend

image.gif.463841101b14629faa8dac622bdfd5d7.gif

Temps

image.gif.f63575045cd5197940b9af97268eb464.gif

Rain

image.gif.c0b40b063fe128d0d9e9f645245651ef.gif

Which may look worrying, but check out the accumulated rainfalls between now and the festival...

Up to gates opening 12mm (Nothing)

image.png.2b90b03ad200804773fc3426082191a5.png

Then a further 3mm during the festival... (Less than NOTHING)

image.png.609e5be173a85719b9166570382a6517.png

Can we just bin the GFS now? 

Edited by Alvoram

Just now, Alvoram said:

Honestly, The GFS needs to just get in the bin... I tried to rally an angry mob against it last night, but nobody was biting...

The ECM is our friend

image.gif.463841101b14629faa8dac622bdfd5d7.gif

Temps

image.gif.f63575045cd5197940b9af97268eb464.gif

Rain

image.png.fd3eb383dca8b1cbde8810a355b4c5e4.png

Which may look worrying, but check out the accumulated rainfalls between now and the festival...

Up to gates opening 12mm (Nothing)

image.png.2b90b03ad200804773fc3426082191a5.png

Then a further 3mm during the festival... (Less than NOTHING)

image.png.609e5be173a85719b9166570382a6517.png

Can we just bin the GFS now? 

Like the net weather nerds say, the gfs over estimates the strength of the low pressure. Other models saying high pressure winning the battle. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No offense to Gav, he seems nice enough, but isn't he just reading from the least accurate model at this timeframe? And he's never been to the festival, so it's not as if he has any particular insights as to what effect the weather will have.

100% this. Best source of weather forecast for the festival = this thread. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

I always though this site was frequented by people who had done numerous UK festivals. Why they're now freaking out about some showers through the week is beyond me. 

Come on people - its not our first rodeo!

Exactly. Praying for high twenties or the fest's ruined is for first timers! 

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

Only I could prep for warmish weather only for the last few days.

Come in to see potential showers 😆

20-22degress is fine for me, I sweat like a bitch as it is. So coolish weather with no rain is perfect for me! Cold nights to put some joggers & hoodie on.

Even with forecast showers the overnight temperatures likely to be mid teens. That coupled with high dew points will likely keep it feeling quite warm even at night!

Jesus christ, never seen so much fretting and discussion over the potential of a bit or rain 😂

Put the worry beads down and start looking forward to the time of your lives people, farmy tasting cider incoming!