The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, 2019 said:

My windy.app shows it pretty dry for the next week, which I think is good for the build and the overall ground condition.

Yep, high pressure remains in charge for the next 10 days or so, but then, according to the GFS model, it goes downhill on 5/6 June, just when I’m walking the 34 miles of the Sandstone Trail.  Doh!  Good practise for a wet Glasto though 😉

IMG_4056.gif.55bb383d3d2e7d8a28d1e671ca9eead3.gif

Edited by Sheffield Steve

1 hour ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Yep, high pressure remains in charge for the next 10 days or so, but then, according to the GFS model, it goes downhill on 5/6 June, just when I’m walking the 34 miles of the Sandstone Trail.  Doh!  Good practise for a wet Glasto though 😉

IMG_4056.gif.55bb383d3d2e7d8a28d1e671ca9eead3.gif

That's fine, couple of weeks will be plenty of time for the high pressure to come back around and take charge again ready for when we get there!

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just have to check when this thread was created to realise how mad we are.

Indeed! Though to be fair to the OP, the 'forecast' in that first post is likely to remain amongst the most accurate for the next couple of weeks at least! 

15 minutes ago, marktea said:

Indeed! Though to be fair to the OP, the 'forecast' in that first post is likely to remain amongst the most accurate for the next couple of weeks at least! 

Imagine if that’s correct we won’t need this thread next year … all that pain and stress saved . ( checks back in in 1 hour for updates ) 

22 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

The date draws ever closer and Monday’s run of the ECMWF is out. As per previous runs, the week of the festival is still expected to be warmer than average:

IMG_4054.thumb.jpeg.471dcffa1bb8945c0ee64c2b376bb3f5.jpeg

But unlike previous runs, it now predicts a wetter than average festival week over central and southern England:

IMG_4053.thumb.jpeg.8220b32414de04dafd35db23147435e7.jpeg

All very speculative of course, and probably…TOO EARLY!!

How accurate are these models? Quite worried about a wet glasto

8 hours ago, MgH97 said:

How accurate are these models? Quite worried about a wet glasto

Incredibly inaccurate! You may as well pick weather icons out of bag blindfolded. 

For the last two festivals i have been panic buying more waterproofs and warm socks the weekend before, but by the time I left it was clear I probably wouldnt need them.

Strap yourself in. The next two weeks could be quite the ride!! 

I'd prefer a wet one than a scorcher - wet is hard work moving between stages but hot weather just gets unbearable with the little shade available. Another 2 weeks to get a rough idea of what the weather will be though and not until a few days before for it to be fully reliable.

• Downvote 1