Slam Dunk Festival 2023

Wooo! Just got our tickets and coach travel. I have wanted to come to Slam Dunk for years and was slightly gutted I missed last year's (I was a MASSIVE Sum 41 fan growing up). Offspring are on my bucket list bands as well. Absolutely buzzing and cannot wait!

45 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

NOFX announced that their calling it a day in 2023, could they pop up at this festival again?

I'm not too familiar with them or their size, so is there space for them to sub a stage or something, or are they too big? Noticed they topped a stage in 2019

They won't be there next year - If they play, they headline. The Offspring have that slot. 

Didn't know about them calling it a day. I had some truly great times watching NOFX. What a run they had. 

3 hours ago, Henrik said:

They won't be there next year - If they play, they headline. The Offspring have that slot. 

Didn't know about them calling it a day. I had some truly great times watching NOFX. What a run they had. 

NOFX wouldn't headline. They PID wasn't the main stage when they have played before.

11 hours ago, justanothername said:

I don't think they'll be at Slam Dunk but I can see them doing a Punk in Drublic day at both sites, similar to what YM@6 did.

Personally I don't as I think SD will book a  fair few bands that would play under NOFX. They could still be announced. Dickies was much more ska like that I expected it to be.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, thewayiam said:

NOFX wouldn't headline. They PID wasn't the main stage when they have played before.

Yeah fair point. I'd be suprised to see NOFX and The Offspring there though. 

Hoping NOFX announce a farewell tour and we get a London date.

Im kind of wondering if they reduced the amount of early bird and vip tickets this year, in part to maximise their money coming in from ticket sales and in part so they can state early bird and vip sold out ultra quick. Slam dunk usually struggles to eventually sell out and i don't think i have seen early birds sell out for it

13 hours ago, Optix said:

Im kind of wondering if they reduced the amount of early bird and vip tickets this year, in part to maximise their money coming in from ticket sales and in part so they can state early bird and vip sold out ultra quick. Slam dunk usually struggles to eventually sell out and i don't think i have seen early birds sell out for it

It was really quick, so maybe you're right.  I remember the early birds on sale for a couple of weeks before.

Hi there

Coming from The Netherlands to Slam Dunk for the first time mainly to see Kids In Glass Houses and The Academy Is... reunions. First time in 14 years TAI will be in Europe, didn't see much enthousiasm here yet, but I'm absolutely thrilled to finally see them. Hope they won't clash.

• Upvote 3

Stage predictions

Amazon: Enter Shikari, Funeral For A Friend, Kids In Glass Houses, Hundred Reasons, We Are The Ocean, Young Guns, Hadouken, The Tyne

Dickies: The Offspring, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Four Year Strong, Zebrahead, MxPx, Barstool Preachers

Jagermister: Pierce The Veil, Poppy, Fit For A King, Malevolence, Employed To Serve, Seeyouspacecowboy, Foriegn Hands 

Impericon: Turnstile, Basement, Touche Amore, Defeater, Drug Church, Angel Du$t, Higher Power

Rock sound: Creeper, Citizen (Youth in Full), PUP, Trash Boat, The Academy Is, Real Friends, Grayscale, Noahfinnce 

Key Club Left/Right: Holding Absence, Charlotte Sands, Maggie Lindemann, No Pressure, WSTR, Destroy Boys, Girlfriends, Salem, Bad Nerves, The Scratch, Heriot, Junior

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Stage predictions

Amazon: Enter Shikari, Funeral For A Friend, Kids In Glass Houses, Hundred Reasons, We Are The Ocean, Young Guns, Hadouken, The Tyne

Dickies: The Offspring, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Four Year Strong, Zebrahead, MxPx, Barstool Preachers

Jagermister: Pierce The Veil, Poppy, Fit For A King, Malevolence, Employed To Serve, Seeyouspacecowboy, Foriegn Hands 

Impericon: Turnstile, Basement, Touche Amore, Defeater, Drug Church, Angel Du$t, Higher Power

Rock sound: Creeper, Citizen (Youth in Full), PUP, Trash Boat, The Academy Is, Real Friends, Grayscale, Noahfinnce 

Key Club Left/Right: Holding Absence, Charlotte Sands, Maggie Lindemann, No Pressure, WSTR, Destroy Boys, Girlfriends, Salem, Bad Nerves, The Scratch, Heriot, Junior

Christ if that was the lineup id be running from stage to stage all day

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Stage predictions

I'd be at Dickies all day except for key club maybe for Charlotte Sands

5 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Stage predictions

Looks great, though just imagining how painful a Basement/Citizen clash would be! Would love to see a Hadouken reunion but not sure it'll happen

7 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Stage predictions

Love that Impericon stage though Defeater, Drug Church, Angel Du$t , Higher Power needs to flipped around. Got the bigger bands on first and smaller ones on later.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:12 AM, Alex Winstone said:

Stage predictions

Great lineup but particularly those in bold. Yes please. 

3 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

I wouldn’t mind some Ice Nine Kills, I Prevail & Deez Nuts showing up.

We definitely ruling out ADTR as another headliner? Seems strange they haven’t rearranged their arena tour/SD venue shows from 2020.

I think with cost involved for next year ADTR certainly can't be ruled out. They are an arena band but they don't come close to instantly selling them out.