Theatre and circus

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Down the front of Pam Ayres with a half bottle of rum and some poppers, taps aff when she does 'Oh, I Wish I'd Looked After Me Teeth'

There’s a Scots bloke at the front of the stage

to hear my poems and ditties

but he’s pissed as fuck and off his head

and I can see his titties

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Were High Soceity there in 2029? High ropes team with 1 much older guy as a member (probably in his 70s now). 

Was hoping to see them on this, even if the one guy had retired

I'm pretty sure they were, they were the only act I saw in the circus tent!

Lots of the usual suspects with some interesting names in there (Dom Joly!) 

Cirque du Vulgar are an interesting choice, given the mostly family-friendly ethos of the field. I mean I know sex appeal / titillation is part of many cabaret circus acts including those that have played Glasto like Soiree, but it's an interesting choice to go with a group that make that their selling point. 

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I was getting a coffee on the Sunday afternoon in 2014 in the T&C field after a rather heavy one the night before I wasn't quite with it and turned round to get some sugar and walked into the pole holding the tent up and knocked the coffee all over my hand scalding it so badly I had to go to the medical tent.....Josh Widdicombe was stood behind me in the queue and just started laughing at me!

Because he is an utter w*nker.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes - but we can gloss over that as he's a once in a generation comic talent.

?? Really??  Wow. I would rather watch Stewart Lee literally saying nothing than Josh giving it his best. Stealing a living

• Upvote 2

One of my greatest all time glasto serendipitous moments involved me stumbling into the circus tent in 2014 and watching “Alien Forms and Raw Humanity’, by Leo & Yam”.

Mind blowing: https://thecircusdiaries.com/2014/07/03/alien-forms-and-raw-humanity-by-leo-yam/

edit to add: sadly they are not on this year’s lineup

Edited by Twiggy553

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I was getting a coffee on the Sunday afternoon in 2014 in the T&C field after a rather heavy one the night before I wasn't quite with it and turned round to get some sugar and walked into the pole holding the tent up and knocked the coffee all over my hand scalding it so badly I had to go to the medical tent.....Josh Widdicombe was stood behind me in the queue and just started laughing at me!

If it's any consolation, I was walking through The Park late night one year (it may well have been 2014) and hit a particularly boggy patch of ground.

I managed to get through it unscathed but the poor sod next to me fell in the thick mud. I grabbed his hand and helped him...and as he looked up at me I realised it was Josh Widdicombe.

• Upvote 1