Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

How many of us on this thread are currently looking at inflatable Chaise Longes 🤔

A995FAF7-ED64-4620-9155-DD43641A3930.thumb.jpeg.08aa822949d2f007d99948e421068561.jpeg

Always used to see folks sitting on inflatable sofas and wonder how that lasted with fires, wax flares and fags on the go. 

12 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Always used to see folks sitting on inflatable sofas and wonder how that lasted with fires, wax flares and fags on the go. 

Not long, and they ended up as landfill soon enough, just as many of these 'luxury items' still do - either that or just left behind for the clearup team unfortunately...

8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Not long, and they ended up as landfill soon enough, just as many of these 'luxury items' still do - either that or just left behind for the clearup team unfortunately...

Good point, they don't seem like something destined for a long life 😒

Edited by clarkete

For completeness on the fancy dress argument, here's me having been papped at approximately 6am on the Sunday morning coming back from Stone Circle. My boss saw this in the Metro when he got on the train on Tuesday morning and decided to send on to me. He still keeps his copy of it to show anyone in the office at any given opportunity.

FB_IMG_1568668085589.thumb.jpg.4003d8738499cbe86d2da744981c8b6e.jpg

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

For completeness on the fancy dress argument, here's me having been papped at approximately 6am on the Sunday morning coming back from Stone Circle. My boss saw this in the Metro when he got on the train on Tuesday morning and decided to send on to me. He still keeps his copy of it to show anyone in the office at any given opportunity.

Love your ghostbusters t shirt. 

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

I went to Lost Village festival dressed as hotdog. They HATED it. It was probably the most fun i’ve ever had 🙂

I think I keep seeing you in a meme:

We're_All_Trying_To_Find_The_Guy_Who_Did

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

it serves them right for putting this on their website: https://lostvillagefestival.com/villagers/

OK. That is awful.

7 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Are you the spherical dark grey one in the middle?

18 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

There is a story behind this which I think we are all waiting to hear....

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

There is a story behind this which I think we are all waiting to hear....

Not much of a story tbh, did fancy dress in 2017 (mermaid) and Boomtown I'm 2018 (Alan from Hangover) and the Sunday of 2019 was my 30th birthday. Miley was playing. It was an open goal. 

Didn't actually start drinking till post-Kylie but have no recollection past about 12.30am as my doctor hadn't told me not to take valium whilst drinking. Had a chain panic attack(s) just before Elvana came on Truth Stage and took a couple thinking it'd level me out, lost the next 6 hours.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'll allow that as part of my 1%. It's the beards and inflatable guitars for ZZ Top, fake tits for Dolly, top hats for Slash, curly wis for Gibb.

While I'm at it, the "flash mob" dance for the Legend Slot needs to be binned off too. 

You're basically summarising why I haven't seen a legend since 2005 (Brian Wilson).

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

have no recollection past about 12.30am as my doctor hadn't told me not to take valium whilst drinking. 

It does say this on the leaflet. Although the wording was ambiguous enough for me to want to find out if it would be fun (similarly to you, I won’t be doing it again)

Edited by Twiggy553

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Man I feel for you, Underworld 2016 was one of the great sets for me and it was a last minute not really sure who we fancy decision as well. My wife does the toilet thing all the time as well then the joys of I can’t find you I’m lost which flag etc 

Don't feel too bad for me, caught them again at Latitude '19 where I got to see the whole set plus we had fun wandering around, caught the whole of the Arcadia Metamorphosis show & making lots of 5mins festival friends😁 ended up in freezing cold Park around 3/4ish 

Plus one regarding the flash mob dance for the legend slot.

No, my enjoyment of this esteemed artist and their back catalog of over 40 years is not enhanced by your ham-fisted attempt at the Macerena.

One of the most blatant examples of the beebs influence on the festival. Makes it look like the f*****g Radio 1 road show at Weston Super Ware.