Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

11 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

Plus one regarding the flash mob dance for the legend slot.

No, my enjoyment of this esteemed artist and their back catalog of over 40 years is not enhanced by your ham-fisted attempt at the Macerena.

One of the most blatant examples of the beebs influence on the festival. Makes it look like the f*****g Radio 1 road show at Weston Super Ware.

Does anyone actually do it, always looks like a holiday camp when the entertainment crew are trying too hard. I was in the field when they did the Bowie one (I think) and it looked like no one joined in. Anyway I agree it’s totally shit 

I’d love it, absolutely fucking love it if there was no lineup announcement and you didn’t know who was playing till you walked through the gates. And even now, keep the secret sets proper secret, make it even more magical if you stumble upon them. 

Think Boomtown is doing something similar this year with their lineup. Fair play to them

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, philipsteak said:

As someone 15 years or so sober I have to agree. But I also have to add really shit faced people too. Good God they can be tedious at times. And I'm not some sanctimonious ex drinker who thinks everyone should do as I do. Crack on. Do what you want. Get as fucked up as you want (I certainly used to). But fuck me they can be dull at times. 

True, drunk people and people on drugs can be really boring and annoying.  But let's not forget sober people can be just as dull and annoying too. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

No, my enjoyment of this esteemed artist and their back catalog of over 40 years is not enhanced by your ham-fisted attempt at the Macerena.

One of the most blatant examples of the beebs influence on the festival. Makes it look like the f*****g Radio 1 road show at Weston Super Ware.

Maybe if you're watching at home, but it has bugger all impact if you're actually in front of El Pointo.

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I’d love it, absolutely fucking love it if there was no lineup announcement and you didn’t know who was playing till you walked through the gates. And even now, keep the secret sets proper secret, make it even more magical if you stumble upon them. 

Think Boomtown is doing something similar this year with their lineup. Fair play to them

Yea I get that, especially the secret sets.

Might mess up Wednesday as folk would all be sat around pouring over the programme and listening to Spotify.

Those with anxiety would have maybe an awful time.

I do like discovering new stuff before the festival mind and maybe I would less.

9 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

True, drunk people and people on drugs can be really boring and annoying.  But let's not forget sober people can be just as dull and annoying too. 

Boring and annoying, yes. But drunk (very drunk really) people are boring and annoying in a very specific, very boring and annoying way.

1 hour ago, TheGChild said:

It is cheesy, but I'd rather have that than security with a God complex / think they are police 

3 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

I went to Lost Village festival dressed as hotdog. They HATED it. It was probably the most fun i’ve ever had 🙂

it serves them right for putting this on their website: https://lostvillagefestival.com/villagers/

this is brilliant. can't believe they put that shit on their website, sounds so pretentious!

me and my wife dressed as these two one day at GF in 2019, and handed out free bananas. think only a few people knew who we were, and most thought we were weird volunteers... 😂

**should add we have kept the aprons as they were a great find. did the name badges ourselves.

Maeby and George Michael | George michael, Arrested development, Maeby bluth

Edited by Clarence Clemons

6 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

this is brilliant. can't believe they put that shit on their website, sounds so pretentious!

me and my wife dressed as these two one day at GF in 2019, and handed out free bananas. think only a few people knew who we were, and most thought we were weird volunteers... 😂

**should add we have kept the aprons as they were a great find. did the name badges ourselves.

I think they’re the best type of fancy dress, it’s almost better if it’s so obscure that only a few people get it it but the ones that do really appreciate it. Not that obscure, but I went to a halloween party as zombie Alan Patridge once, anyone who hadn’t seen AP were just completely bewildered. It was also around the time Appropriate Adult had aired and one of my mates went as Fred West 😅.

14 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

giphy.webp

• Upvote 1

I went to Lost Village festival dressed as hotdog. They HATED it. It was probably the most fun i’ve ever had 🙂

it serves them right for putting this on their website: https://lostvillagefestival.com/villagers/

Hhahaha. I love this. Reminds me of the perfect opening line from comedy duo ‘The Delightful Sausage’

’Because people process grief in different ways’

Edited by Mardy

Wow what a load of pretentious claptrap their website is, but still manages to tell you very little about the actual festival!  They seem to take themselves very seriously so good on you for going dressed as a hotdog!  And the ticket price is £260 for 4 days?  Makes Glasto an absolute bargain by the sounds of it.  And I eventually found that it includes camping but ""if you do need to return to the car park, you are only permitted to do this during off-peak times over the weekend and this is at the security team’s discretion.  You are only permitted to bring your alcohol allowance when you first enter the festival site.  Anyone with a wristband will not be able to re-enter with alcohol."

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Wow what a load of pretentious claptrap their website is, but still manages to tell you very little about the actual festival!  They seem to take themselves very seriously so good on you for going dressed as a hotdog!  And the ticket price is £260 for 4 days?  Makes Glasto an absolute bargain by the sounds of it.  And I eventually found that it includes camping but ""if you do need to return to the car park, you are only permitted to do this during off-peak times over the weekend and this is at the security team’s discretion.  You are only permitted to bring your alcohol allowance when you first enter the festival site.  Anyone with a wristband will not be able to re-enter with alcohol."

It’s actually a decent experience led festival. I’d not seen that page on the website and in my opinion, it’s not necessary and makes it look pretentious.

We went back to the car for more stuff and didn’t have a problem. I think that’s just for when gates are mega busy.

The alcohol on first entry only policy is at most festivals.