2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

Just now, TomViolence said:

😆 just need to hope for a good departure time now! 

Yes, the rest of us are travelling on a coach from Oxford so we are hoping for the coach from Reading to be roughly the same time as ours to help with logistics once we get to the site. 🙂 

13 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Leicester Thursday 2019 11am, return 13:45

Managed to stowaway on that return leg as it's way more convenient for me than my Birmingham ticket was, hoping that's a similar time this year so i can do the same thing... and also hopefully get two seats again to question my own existence and life choices again.

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The earliest time I've had of the three coaches I've had from Liverpool was when I got one in the last seconds of the 2011 resale. The latest was the 2017 general sale so I think it's just coincidence.

Yeah THERE IS NO PATTERN, i've had general sale and the later coach time previously 

12 hours ago, rmartin1803 said:

I don't know if this has been covered are the 2019 coach times staying the same as 2022 ? We were Bristol which means the times where confirmed at the time of booking and not allocated closer to the festival. 

We don’t know. For some there seems to be consistency across years for others there seems to be no pattern.

• Thanks 1

Just adding this as I've seen a few other people ask about how the See ticket coaches work. this is from my experience of using it in 2015, things may have changed since:

Was booked on a Wednesday 0630 bus from Oxford, was told via email (that arrived mid-may) to arrive by 0600 so the driver could load everything on in time for departure.

Arrived 0550 and most people were there already, coach arrived on time at 0600, bags were loaded into the hold, and people were permitted to take one carry on to their seat.  A fair few people had extra items such as booze, trolleys and camping chairs. If the person already had their permitted amount on the coach the driver put them to one side to see if any space to put on at the end.

Driver checked names off on a list before allowed to board the coach.

One group of Spanish students had forgotten their tent so we then had to wait for someone to bring it for them which made our departure 30 mins later at 0700, a few crates and a few camping chairs were left behind as no room whatsoever for them.

Got on our way and made it as far as Melksham services on the M4 when the driver stopped for a 45 min break and to hand the festival tickets out. 

Got to Pilton and parked up by about 1015 and unloaded the coach and joined the queue at Ped gate A at 1030, queued for 45 mins so was through by 1115.

Coming back on the Monday we were booked on a 0730 coach, arrived 0700 and there was hardly anyone there, then turned round to a load of arguing and shouting with a See rep getting it in the neck.  Turned out the coach had been on time, but some people booked on a later coach turned up and took the remaining seats so it left, so we (about 15 of us) had to wait until the next one at 0900,  got on that and left, driver tried to take a shortcut and got lost which added time on and got back to Oxford at about 1230.

No major dramas apart from that!

On 3/30/2022 at 7:26 PM, Gnomicide said:

List so far. 

Southampton (Blechynden Terrace, outside train station)
Wednesday 05:30
Thursday 06:00

Where did you get the Southampton times from? 5:30 is a bit scary, I need to get the train to the station first! Hopefully it will mean an early arrival though. 

Last time I got the coach it was 6:30 on a Wednesday, but that was 2014. 

3 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Where did you get the Southampton times from? 5:30 is a bit scary, I need to get the train to the station first! Hopefully it will mean an early arrival though. 

Last time I got the coach it was 6:30 on a Wednesday, but that was 2014. 

I can't remember, either here or on Twitter. It all dried up a bit to be honest but my latest list is:

Bath (Riverside Coach Park)
Wednesday 06:15; 12:15
Thursday 11:00
Birmingham (Coach bays Inge St. Side of the Hippodrome)
Wednesday 07:00; 10:45
Thursday 05:45; 10:45
Brighton (outside Sea Life Centre)
Wednesday 07:45; 09:30
Thursday 09:00
Bristol (Anchor Rd BS1 5UA.)
Times prebooked
Cambridge
Wednesday 06:00
Thursday 07:00
Cardiff (Lawn Tennis Club)
Wednesday 05:45: 07:00
Thursday 07:30
Edinburgh (Regent Rd)
Tuesday! 21:00; 22:30
Glasgow (North Hanover St.)
Tuesday 23:00
Leicester
Wednesday
Thursday 11:00
Thursday 08:00
Leeds (Sovereign St. LS1 4BX)
Wednesday 00:30; 07:00
Thursday 12:00
Lincoln (by the Premier Inn)
Wednesday 07:30; 08:00
Thursday
Liverpool (Outside The Empire)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:00; 09:00; 10:00; 13:00
London (O2 Area)
Times prebooked
Manchester (Corporation Street)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:00; 08:30
Thursday 06:00; 10:00
Newcastle (train station little car park) Wednesday 10:00
Nottingham
Wednesday
Thursday
Oxford (Beaumont T.)
Wednesday
Thursday 06:15
Plymouth
Wednesday
Thursday
Reading (near the station/football stadium)
Wednesday 10:30; 12:30; 15:00
Thursday 06:00; 08:30
Sheffield (Pond St.)
Wednesday
Thursday 09:00
Stoke (outside the train station)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:00
Southampton (Blechynden Terrace, outside train station)
Wednesday 05:30
Swansea
Wednesday
Taunton (Tangier Way TA1 4AS)
Wednesday 06:00; 14:45
Thursday 15:45
York
Wednesday 07:00
Thursday 07:00; 08:45

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

OK thanks. Earliest train gets me there a minute later, taxi it is then!

Depends on how far you'd be going by taxi, you might be able to find a cheap place to stay overnight the night before - it also means you'd be in complete control and not having panic attacks about the taxi potentially not turning up (or is that just me?)

4 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Depends on how far you'd be going by taxi, you might be able to find a cheap place to stay overnight the night before - it also means you'd be in complete control and not having panic attacks about the taxi potentially not turning up (or is that just me?)

No I'd be worried about that too, but they are probably more reliable than the train being on time! It's a good shout and about the same price but I'd rather get a last decent night sleep. 

3 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

No I'd be worried about that too, but they are probably more reliable than the train being on time! It's a good shout and about the same price but I'd rather get a last decent night sleep. 

Our taxis are shocking at the moment!

Getting out was a farce last time. We were booked on a coach around midday, so we got some food and sat around our tent doing nothing for hours. When we turned up, turned out they were operating a total free-for-all system so we then had to wait for a couple more hours in the queue.

thanks for compiling the list. We are traveling from York on the Wednesday got to get there from Durham so if it is 7am thats a good early start.. 

I went on coach from York in 2013 and it was 11.45am set off, which was too late.. 

Excited, me? No!!! 

Edited by redrobrob
spelling!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a copy of the email See Tickets sent out with regards to what you can bring on the coaches in 2019, such as bags/hand luggage etc.

I’ve not got the coach since 2015 and don’t want to give out of date info to some of my friends who are asking….

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Anyone got a copy of the email See Tickets sent out with regards to what you can bring on the coaches in 2019, such as bags/hand luggage etc.

I’ve not got the coach since 2015 and don’t want to give out of date info to some of my friends who are asking….

This was what was on the last email...

Further T&C's:

Coach packages are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable.

The responsibility for the safekeeping of the coach e-ticket is with the ticketholder.

All passengers including children aged 12 and under, and PA's must have already purchased a valid coach ticket in order to travel.

Coaches will not wait for latecomers under any circumstances and will depart without passengers who have not arrived on time. No refunds will be entitled in this instance.

You will arrive at the Glastonbury Festival dedicated coach park, which is located next to Pedestrian Gate A. Please note this is where all coaches arrive and depart from.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF LUGGAGE ON THE COACH - We would advise to bring one large bag/rucksack and one tent/sleeping bag per person, plus one piece of hand luggage. Trolleys or Wheelbarrows are not permitted. Remember there are lots of other passengers on the coach and we cannot be held responsible if your luggage will not fit on the coach.

Smoking is NOT permitted on board any coach. Drinking and eating is at your driver's discretion - please check with your driver as you board. Coach drivers reserve the right to refuse travel to passengers under the influence of alcohol if they feel they would pose a danger to other passengers. In such case no refund or compensation will be entitled.

FOR RETURN TICKET CUSTOMERS ONLY

Passengers will need their coach e-ticket for both inbound and outbound journeys. All coach e-tickets are checked. The responsibility for the safekeeping of the coach e-ticket is with the ticketholder.

In order to facilitate a speedy departure from the Festival site See Coaches reserve the right to board passengers outside of scheduled departure times, should seats be available on alternative services.

Please be aware that for certain services where estimated travel time is two hours or less, See Coaches will not always provide vehicles with toilets on-board. If this is the case, drivers will be fully briefed pre-journey in order to accommodate stops where necessary

See cannot be held responsible for any delays experienced due to the high volume of traffic exiting site on Monday 1st July. Any information received from the traffic management team at the festival with regard to delays will be communicated to passengers, where possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Note that the coach park is an open space, much like the festival itself. Please remember to plan according to the weather conditions on the day - sunscreen for hot weather, waterproofs for rain etc.

Best regards

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

This was what was on the last email...

Further T&C's:

Coach packages are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable.

The responsibility for the safekeeping of the coach e-ticket is with the ticketholder.

All passengers including children aged 12 and under, and PA's must have already purchased a valid coach ticket in order to travel.

Coaches will not wait for latecomers under any circumstances and will depart without passengers who have not arrived on time. No refunds will be entitled in this instance.

You will arrive at the Glastonbury Festival dedicated coach park, which is located next to Pedestrian Gate A. Please note this is where all coaches arrive and depart from.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF LUGGAGE ON THE COACH - We would advise to bring one large bag/rucksack and one tent/sleeping bag per person, plus one piece of hand luggage. Trolleys or Wheelbarrows are not permitted. Remember there are lots of other passengers on the coach and we cannot be held responsible if your luggage will not fit on the coach.

Smoking is NOT permitted on board any coach. Drinking and eating is at your driver's discretion - please check with your driver as you board. Coach drivers reserve the right to refuse travel to passengers under the influence of alcohol if they feel they would pose a danger to other passengers. In such case no refund or compensation will be entitled.

FOR RETURN TICKET CUSTOMERS ONLY

Passengers will need their coach e-ticket for both inbound and outbound journeys. All coach e-tickets are checked. The responsibility for the safekeeping of the coach e-ticket is with the ticketholder.

In order to facilitate a speedy departure from the Festival site See Coaches reserve the right to board passengers outside of scheduled departure times, should seats be available on alternative services.

Please be aware that for certain services where estimated travel time is two hours or less, See Coaches will not always provide vehicles with toilets on-board. If this is the case, drivers will be fully briefed pre-journey in order to accommodate stops where necessary

See cannot be held responsible for any delays experienced due to the high volume of traffic exiting site on Monday 1st July. Any information received from the traffic management team at the festival with regard to delays will be communicated to passengers, where possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Note that the coach park is an open space, much like the festival itself. Please remember to plan according to the weather conditions on the day - sunscreen for hot weather, waterproofs for rain etc.

Best regards

Spot on cheers mate!

11 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Has anyone got experience of bringing kids on the coach? We got coach tickets on the resale but theres no room for kids. Interested to hear peeps thoughts on what to do.

Sore point! The website pre-sale said we could add seat only tickets for kids at time of booking, or else email See after the sale to add on. Nope and Nope. Currently on a wait list in case some come spare, but currently mini moth (4) is hitch hiking.

(By hitch hiking I mean my brother will be driving her down to the drop off at B&W)

Edited by John the Moth

19 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Sore point! The website pre-sale said we could add seat only tickets for kids at time of booking, or else email See after the sale to add on. Nope and Nope. Currently on a wait list in case some come spare, but currently mini moth (4) is hitch hiking.

(By hitch hiking I mean my brother will be driving her down to the drop off at B&W)

In v similar boat to you mate. See / Fest HQ do *not* want to know about this issue. We're in a tight spot coming over on the boat.