2023 legend slot

ProperTea

cat /yusaf & glastonbury on radio four  ' The World Tonight' right now says its on his bucket list, and choosing  which songs is difficult. "I never supported the fatwa"

58 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought it was going to be Roxy Music, what happened to them?

Yusuf/Cat Stevens would be so relaxing. I hope it's sunny and everyone gets to just chill the F out.

Yusuf/Cat Stevens bumbling his way through a load of religious songs in the pissing rain would be low energy

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought it was going to be Roxy Music, what happened to them?

i didn't hear a reason for the change but I'm guessing its because cat/yusaf became available, Michael is big fans of both acts but has been wanting cat for years. guess cat took priority.

28 minutes ago, Neil said:

i didn't hear a reason for the change but I'm guessing its because cat/yusaf became available, Michael is big fans of both acts but has been wanting cat for years. guess cat took priority.

Is that something Roxy Music would be offended at? Or at that point is it still the admin side of things with managers and stuff? Don't know how much input band members have in things....

46 minutes ago, Neil said:

or Roxy wasn't in the running in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

🙄 yawn

Oh sorry Bryan Ferry, Cat Stevens is gonna do it now.  Maybe I'll give you a bell next year. 

Doesn't sound likely does it.

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

or Roxy wasn't in the running in the first place.

For my money, it now looks more likely than ever that they probably were in contention or talks at one point.

The main reason that the RM story was dismissed as unlikely is because (for many) they weren't seen as being the right "fit" - but if the festival are happy to book Yusuf there then that argument goes away as he's equally far from being the usual fodder.

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Oh sorry Bryan Ferry, Cat Stevens is gonna do it now.  Maybe I'll give you a bell next year. 

Doesn't sound likely does it.

It doesn't matter if it sounds likely to you or not. Information was received and reported on.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

and kendrick didn't headline last summer.

Not sure what that's got to do with Roxy not playing. 

You've had good info before of course, if that's what you're saying. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not sure what that's got to do with Roxy not playing. 

You've had good info before of course, if that's what you're saying. 

info from the same proven good source, and ypour know nuthin  bad actor quips, which to take seriously?

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

info from the same proven good source, and ypour know nuthin  bad actor quips, which to take seriously?

This time not so good. It's no big deal. 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

This time not so good. It's no big deal. 

everytime you talk trolling shite?

shite is all you have. you're the tory party type of glasto attendee, only damage stuff cos that's your best contribution.

Honestly, Neil and Stuie, if you two don’t fucking stop it, I’m gonna BANG YOUR BLOODY HEADS TOGETHER!  Enough. Or your grounded. Do you understand?!!!

(exit Dad mode)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/23/2023 at 2:01 PM, The Nal said:

Yusuf/Cat Stevens bumbling his way through a load of religious songs in the pissing rain would be low energy

A bit of dogma to wash away the debauchery from the Saturday night? 😆

Seriously though, I don't mind all that - and I'm an atheist. It makes a change to the hyperactive peer pressure of making the Legend a must-see, spreading people out a bit etc. He's certainly not the first person to have sung songs about religion at Glasto either.