2023 legend slot

ProperTea

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I agree with Kate as well. It was my first Glastonbury headliner and I always think it was unfairly derided. 

1 hour ago, ticketboy69 said:

I agree. I think he’s a great booking, but when you look at the shape the legend spot has taken over the last few years, he doesn’t seem to fit it. Certainly can’t see him filling the field in the same way the last few have. I could be wrong though!

he would fill the field dolly-style:- everyone would want to see him.

5 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

You could be right. To me, it just doesn’t feel like he would have the cross over appeal that Dolly, Kylie, Barry and Lionel had. 

I agree with this. I’ll be there though. Remember having my dads copy of Tea for the Tillerman on tape for my old walkmen, got rinsed!

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A quick check on Spotify indicates more monthly listeners (8.4M) than either Kylie (7.8M) or Diana (7.9M)

But Lionel (10.1M), Dolly (12.6M) and the Bee Gees (22M) come out ahead.

Really interesting to look at those numbers…I’m amazed, he’s someone who I rarely listen to, so whilst I get his standing in music, I didn’t think he was that popular. 

6 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Really interesting to look at those numbers…I’m amazed, he’s someone who I rarely listen to, so whilst I get his standing in music, I didn’t think he was that popular. 

I assume that anyone who's 'broken' the US is guaranteed to see a dramatic increase in their stats. 

I guess as a % Kylie's listeners are more UK based so her's look misleadingly small.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm the Lord of the Dance Setee

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

Glad I'm not the only 1 who sang that at infant school! (When I went to juniors we had an overhead projector so we could see what the lyrics were supposed to be 😂

Also me. Always pictured a dancing piece of furniture. "Said he". Who talks like that. "He said", you mean. Get your words in the right order or kids will start anthropomorphising inanimate objects.