2023 legend slot

ProperTea

19 minutes ago, leath02 said:

AM GnR Elton Rod

Hilarious 

Fuck me seeing it written down like this is bad.

Like each are acceptable, some of them great bookings, individually. But all four together? Shocker. Glastonbury have massively dropped the ball in my personal opinion.

Edited by FrancisH

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

The sooner they announce it the sooner we kill the “can GnR do the legend slot?” nonsense.

The sooner they make some announcements hopefully they can tell me about someone that I can actually get excited about. Just confirm Lizzo will be there. I think as she'd say It's about damn time!! 

Just now, FrancisH said:

Like each are acceptable, some of them great bookings, individually. But all four together? Shocker. Glastonbury have massively dropped the ball in my personal opinion.

Let’s have some credible alternatives then. Who could they have booked instead?

Just now, gigpusher said:

The sooner they make some announcements hopefully they can tell me about someone that I can actually get excited about. Just confirm Lizzo will be there. I think as she'd say It's about damn time!! 

Was just thinking exactly this. Was buzzing about Elton, still am, but that's kinda died down a bit. In dire need of something else. Need them to announce Lana Del Rey or something 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This is what people keep forgetting. 

Yeah book Taylor…. Oh in America.  Rhianna will do it, oh pregnant… f*ck it let’s get Madonna oh wait she’s doing her own tours.  

Glasto book the best of who is available, it’s really not that hard.  I’m not sure Emily and Michael sit there thinking… I know what’ll wind them up 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Not just talking legend, but headliners too.

Who else is there? Who is playing elsewhere that you think “I wish they were playing”?

The undercard will be stacked with an amazing array of diverse talent, which is more important than lads at the top. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The legend slot has lost all credibility by booking this hoary old entertainer.

13 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I mean Rod fits the bill. I just won't be there. 

9 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

JOYLESS 🤣

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Let’s have some credible alternatives then. Who could they have booked instead?

Just offering my personal opinion on the top 4 pal. I've already said I would have liked to see somebody like Lizzo bumped up, and you disagreed she was capable. That's your opinion and that's fine.

The other day you said you got sick of doing the whole "who else would they book" bit, I'd argue that you do in fact love saying it.