Act missing from poster

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

I mean, yes you're right. I've thought about this myself, as I did think my irrational hatred of the dab down thing was just me being old and grouchy and shaking my fist at the proverbial cloud. Running jokes were much better in my day etc.

But it's the sheer volume of it that gets on my nerves. It's on every other comment on every other thread. Feel like I'm drowning in dab.

But hey, I can just skip past it. It's not going to drive me away or make me block anyone. But that's why I personally find it more irritating than other running jokes. 

Anyway, back to posters. Still getting over Manics and Big Moon.

I’m hoping The Big Moon are still playing, they’re small enough that they can still play early doors John Peel and not be on the first poster. I was hoping to see them on their tour but unfortunately they’re playing the same night as Beach House which I have tickets for, so fingers crossed they make it onto the full lineup.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m hoping The Big Moon are still playing, they’re small enough that they can still play early doors John Peel and not be on the first poster. I was hoping to see them on their tour but unfortunately they’re playing the same night as Beach House which I have tickets for, so fingers crossed they make it onto the full lineup.

They're playing Brighton in May, was holding off but as they're not on the poster I think I'll go for it.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

I’ve had to stop myself on several occasions. It tends to come into my head first. 

Dab down your doubts and let fly in work meetings. Feels good, man.

Though I am on day 12 of covid brain at the minute and may have a different view once things are back to normal.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I can't imagine them having their first main stage slot taken away from them when it's such a small one. But even then, they are the house band at Williams Green in any case. There's no way they're not there.

11 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

so , who are we missing from the lineup poster that has self confirmed for this year ?

Off the top of my head, Carl Cox, The Undertones, The Little Unsaid, The Lathums.

Of those I though Lathums and Undertones might have made the poster

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

As a relatively sane poster (not much competition I know) could you give me a simple explanation of what it means?

I want to be able to talk to the young folk without humiliating myself.

i don't think any young ppl irl are using the phrase dabbing down, unless i am now out of touch 

Am I Out Of Touch? | Know Your Meme

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Off the top of my head, Carl Cox, The Undertones, The Little Unsaid, The Lathums.

Of those I though Lathums and Undertones might have made the poster

Also Black Dyke Band, Beans on Toast, Sprints, Tribes, Monsieur Doumani, Adam Scott Glasspool.

McFly and Tom Walker have given pretty strong hints. Former probably kept back for the Avalon poster. Lack of the latter a bit of a surprise.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Also Black Dyke Band, Beans on Toast, Sprints, Tribes, Monsieur Doumani, Adam Scott Glasspool.

McFly and Tom Walker have given pretty strong hints. Former probably kept back for the Avalon poster. Lack of the latter a bit of a surprise.

Would any of them have made the poster do you reckon? No great surprise not to see them listed (no offence @admscott😄)

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

When I was a kid my dad and I used to listen to West Brom away games on the radio but he'd turn it off with about 10 minutes to go and wait for the results to come through on Grandstand.

Best to just turn off all forms of media before kick off these days ay? 😁 I thought you were a Blue Nose for some reason not a Tesco!

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was kind of hoping for an out of leftfield surprise like Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight or RightBazza II who're all in the mix in the UK over G Weekend.

Aye, something like that would have been good. Something in the Mavis Staples soul train style. Still early days though innit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the only way I can fault it really. A Burt Bacharach. A John Fogerty. An Art Garfunkel. A Patti Smith or an Iggy Pop.

I mean, D-Rozzle kinda fits that category a bit, but we've known about her for so long it's maybe taken the surprise out. Herbie Hancock a bit as well. But I know what you mean.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I mean, D-Rozzle kinda fits that category a bit, but we've known about her for so long it's maybe taken the surprise out. Herbie Hancock a bit as well. But I know what you mean.

Aye...but all the acts I listed have played alongside whoever been in the Legend Slot in a given year.

Herbie Hancock I'm down for, obviously. Glad to see him back.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye...but all the acts I listed have played alongside whoever been in the Legend Slot in a given year.

Herbie Hancock I'm down for, obviously. Glad to see him back.

Wasn't Burt in the teatime slot?