Beer Prices

Barneym

4 hours ago, hurdy said:

Don't mind paying a premium as long as I'm given the choice of having something half decent.

Was paying £6.60 for pissweak Amstel at Arctic Monkeys at Hillsborough. Only lager on the menu. Grim. 

Sold in them cups that have a chemical taste to them 🤢 only had the one pint in there 

25 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Anyone know if I'll be able to replace my metal cup on site? Just remembered I lost mine at the last festival and no time now to replace it! 

I bought my dad one from a water aid kiosk near pyramid stage 👍

32 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

Sorry if this has been asked…..can you pay contactless at the bars? I can’t remember 🤷🏻‍♂️

You can but take cash aswell as last year it was hit an miss if the payment machines would work

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, mungo57 said:

least you lot paid £7.50 or less, went to see Cure at Wembley Arena last december where is was £7.95 for Carlsberg!

The craft bar had Lagunitas for £8.05!

O2 was £8 for Becks Vier I think it was last time I went there

London Premium

On 6/16/2023 at 11:32 AM, Jacko45 said:

£8 f**king quid

I presume that was the full strength Lagunitas? Not the (nicer imo) Lagunitas Daytime session? If so, that is a decent price for an event, it's over 6%, you'd pay well over £6 in a pub. 

Cost price was almost £160 for a 30L keg (52.7 Pints) in 2019,  (£3.03 per pint) dread to think what it is now.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:42 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Really?  The most expensive pint in our local village pub is only £5.25 and that's Neck Oil or Moretti.  Strongbow, Guinness, Coors, Carling, Doom Bar or Worthingtons are all in the £3.25 - £4.00 range.  Last time I was in London you could pay almost double that.

Are you sure the Guinness is £4? If it is, the tenants won't be there long. Guinness (or should I say Diageo) maintain complete control over their product, you simply can't get better prices from any suppliers by shopping around, and it's expensive. Should be at least £4.80 in a pub really, absolute minimum I'd expect to see it at is £4.30 to £4.50, anywhere, and they wouldn't be hitting a sustainable GP at that price. £4.00 is borderline loss leader.

Carling, Doom Bar, Coors etc at £4.00 is about right... And Strongbow should be less than £4.00. No idea  about Worthy, we've never sold that fake bitter shite, but I imagine that is the lowest priced pint is it? 

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I presume that was the full strength Lagunitas? Not the (nicer imo) Lagunitas Daytime session? If so, that is a decent price for an event, it's over 6%, you'd pay well over £6 in a pub. 

Cost price was almost £160 for a 30L keg (52.7 Pints) in 2019,  (£3.03 per pint) dread to think what it is now.

Are you sure the Guinness is £4? If it is, the tenants won't be there long. Guinness (or should I say Diageo) maintain complete control over their product, you simply can't get better prices from any suppliers by shopping around, and it's expensive. Should be at least £4.80 in a pub really, absolute minimum I'd expect to see it at is £4.30 to £4.50, anywhere, and they wouldn't be hitting a sustainable GP at that price. £4.00 is borderline loss leader.

Carling, Doom Bar, Coors etc at £4.00 is about right... And Strongbow should be less than £4.00. No idea  about Worthy, we've never sold that fake bitter shite, but I imagine that is the lowest priced pint is it? 

Yeah full strength

10 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Rarely drink the Guinness but it used to be £3.95. May have increased and I haven’t noticed. Worthy’s is the cheapest I think, along wit Carling.

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Rarely drink the Guinness but it used to be £3.95. May have increased and I haven’t noticed. Worthy’s is the cheapest I think, along wit Carling.

Ours was £4.30 last year, increases over winter pushed it up to £4.80. So if they've done the same, £4.50 ish is probably manageable. 

Guinness is a sore point, I've recently spent a lot of time and energy approaching all brewers and wholesalers to supply us, in order to get the best prices, and keep increases down for our customers, (we're free of tie) but none of them can do anything about Guinness prices, they absolutely have a monopoly on (mainstream) Stout, and they're not afraid to exercise the power that gives them. They know you 'have' to stock it. 

47 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Ours was £4.30 last year, increases over winter pushed it up to £4.80. So if they've done the same, £4.50 ish is probably manageable. 

Guinness is a sore point, I've recently spent a lot of time and energy approaching all brewers and wholesalers to supply us, in order to get the best prices, and keep increases down for our customers, (we're free of tie) but none of them can do anything about Guinness prices, they absolutely have a monopoly on (mainstream) Stout, and they're not afraid to exercise the power that gives them. They know you 'have' to stock it. 

Hadn’t thought about that, but you don’t see other stouts in pubs any more. Used to bed a few around, Murphys being the main one we used to get near us. Can’t remember seeing as anything but Guinness now you mentioned it.

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hadn’t thought about that, but you don’t see other stouts in pubs any more. Used to bed a few around, Murphys being the main one we used to get near us. Can’t remember seeing as anything but Guinness now you mentioned it.

Murphys > Guinness imo. I adore Guinness as well but Murphys shades it. 

2 minutes ago, Callum Michael said:

I went to Maddison Square Gardens over Nee Year and paid $20 for a 20oz can of Corona, I wanted to die 

$18 dollars for a can of Corona at Barclays Centre in Feb. Didn't even fit in the drinker holders in the seat. Was gutted