deebeedoobee

18 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

In 2017???? there were two versions which I was asked to taste test at the meet - that went well 😂

At least you were asked. @Curlygirlpretty much attacked me with it and forced me to drink it!!

I didn't put up a huge fight, but that's hardly the point 😄

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

I follow @Curlygirl recipe every year but it never tastes like hers! What brands do you use?  @Quark said mine had a "touch of the Benylin about it" I was wounded,  he did have a point but after a few swigs you didn't notice!

Bet you didn't get a cough or cold either, added bonus!

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

I follow @Curlygirl recipe every year but it never tastes like hers! What brands do you use?  @Quark said mine had a "touch of the Benylin about it" I was wounded,  he did have a point but after a few swigs you didn't notice!

That does sound like the kind of tactless and ungrateful thing I'd say when given free booze. Very on brand.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

That does sound like the kind of tactless and ungrateful thing I'd say when given free booze. Very on brand.

Nothing wrong with Benylin (at least the old version before they changed the recipe, presumably to stop people swigging it).  First time I tried cherry bakewell was at home, following CG's recipe. I was meant to be cooking dinner, but I sort of forgot.

• Like 1

I've not been around these parts much in the last couple of years (well, not since the disappointment of T Day in 2019), but I'll be around much more now that I have got Glastonbury to look forward to again, thanks to the fantastic help by some wonderful people - Ralphers, take a bow!. (Quark is probably fed up with me bigging him up today after he came through for me this morning!!).

Looking forward to reading your daily weather updates Dee as we count down the final few weeks, and can't wait to see everyone again 😄

Much love

Trev 

• Upvote 1

I can't be arsed with work right now. I don't know if it's the nice weather, all this talk about resales, or what, but Glasto is all I can think of. Which is crap because, 1. It's still a fair way off, and 2. I've exhausted the acts on the poster. I think this is the first time I've had pre-Glasto blues 😏

Edited by Wanderlei

23 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Glasto is all I can think of

Same boat here (as I'm sure most of you are!).  Most years from April onwards, my productivity takes a dive.  Which is quite impressive considering how little I get away with doing anyway.

The week before Glastonbury I may as well not bother coming to work I'm that excited and useless.

Though I've always loved the build up.  As much as it's frustrating that Glasto isn't *right now*, it also means I've got 90 days of excitement to come before going to the best place on earth.  

• Upvote 2

Bit Manchestery today on this morning's washing, but that's the price of a perfect June. My other cousin got her ticket yesterday so that's the East Fields CV settlement sorted out.

I will now be viewing the fitness thread as 2 years of wfh with the parallel increased age/weight has probs led to an inflamed knee with osteoarthritis. I need that sorting before June's hikes. Or, does anyone have a hover board I can borrow?? 

20 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Hope the ticket gods shone brightly on those who needed them today, and praise the weather gods for a glorious return to the farm 

NFR NFC

Thurlow! Long time no see pal, did you get a golden ticket yourself?

17 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

I've not been around these parts much in the last couple of years (well, not since the disappointment of T Day in 2019), but I'll be around much more now that I have got Glastonbury to look forward to again, thanks to the fantastic help by some wonderful people - Ralphers, take a bow!. (Quark is probably fed up with me bigging him up today after he came through for me this morning!!).

Nah it's fine.  As @deebeedoobee so kindly pointed out a while back... 😂

EFA18B67-EDCE-48A8-A891-A40E0C1863DA.jpeg.7266f9ed0238234e20a4ce436831bae1.thumb.jpeg.ba8884c7d821244788b7e32f46fdce0b.jpeg

On 3/23/2022 at 5:41 PM, Curlygirl said:

I have had Cherry Bakewell at other festivals in the last two years, but my god it tastes so much better on that farm!! 

Very tempted to give this a try - I love cherry bakewell, and I love vodka 😃 - if my searching found the right post, the recipe is equal portions vodka, cherry brandy and amaretto - is that right?

Only slight reservation is I'm not a big fan of brandy. Can you taste it much, given all the other flavours going on? (I appreciate after the first few swigs I'd probably stop caring anyway... ☺️)

17 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Very tempted to give this a try - I love cherry bakewell, and I love vodka 😃 - if my searching found the right post, the recipe is equal portions vodka, cherry brandy and amaretto - is that right?

Only slight reservation is I'm not a big fan of brandy. Can you taste it much, given all the other flavours going on? (I appreciate after the first few swigs I'd probably stop caring anyway... ☺️)

You won't taste much of anything after a few of those, believe me.

CG's recipe is generally recognised as the standard, although like any great chef I reckon there's a secret ingredient she doesn't tell anyone about.

17 hours ago, Quark said:

Thurlow! Long time no see pal, did you get a golden ticket yourself?

Nah it's fine.  As @deebeedoobee so kindly pointed out a while back... 😂

EFA18B67-EDCE-48A8-A891-A40E0C1863DA.jpeg.7266f9ed0238234e20a4ce436831bae1.thumb.jpeg.ba8884c7d821244788b7e32f46fdce0b.jpeg

We were secure back in October 2019, having to pay for the child this year as he's now older than the free tickets allow (wasn't in 2019) but at least the festival was nice and let us just book, rather than having the resale scrum. My group managed to get everyone who were trying to get a tickets a ticket, so 173 out of 173 secured, so the gods were defo shining down on us 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

We were secure back in October 2019, having to pay for the child this year as he's now older than the free tickets allow (wasn't in 2019) but at least the festival was nice and let us just book, rather than having the resale scrum. My group managed to get everyone who were trying to get a tickets a ticket, so 173 out of 173 secured, so the gods were defo shining down on us 

So if I can't get my camping spot it's probably down to your group hogging all the good spaces then? 😉

Happy days mate!

20 hours ago, jimmillen said:

@Quark is right, you can't taste much after the first few gulps 🤣 However to answer your question, no, you can't taste the brandy. I detest brandy on it's own, would rather go without than drink the stuff. But cherry brandy is a whole new ball game. 

@thurlow84 That's great news pet, I read on someone else's post from your group on the book of face that everyone was successful! Good going you lot. We had Guys daughter miss out I'm sad to say. Seems there may have been a ticket purchase with one the group? Either way, it was too late by then. Will I see you at Bearded Theory this year? 

3 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

See you in Darble 😀