Site Changes - What do we know?

stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Not really a site change but I'm convinced they will use up the additional attendance that they were granted prior to 2019. Something like 15k? They need to pull in extra revenue, it's been approved, why wouldn't they?

7,000. It does seem logical that they'll use it, as all indications were that it was going to be used in 2020.. What we don't know is whether those 7,000 tickets were already sold in the October 2019 sale or not.

28 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I think I've walked past the lights at night and always thought "that looks fun", but never been.

On broader site changes are Avalon and silver Hayes due a bit of a revamp?

when did they move the Avalon Cafe to the top of the field.? wasnt that last time (or maybe the time before?).. You used to be able to cut through to West Holts next to it previously.. but now Glasto Latino blocks it off

9 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Doesn't the Rabbit Hole change its position each year within The Park! And the secret bar!!! Which Ive never managed to get the password too, but its good fun trying to get it!!

The Rabbits grew up between the Ribbon Tower and the G Sign and then eventually got so big that they rolled rolled down the hill in 2019 to where Bimble grew up.

Bimble moved up the hill to where the Rabbits came from and the Worm Hole appeared by the BBC. 

The Park generally makes a few minor changes and additions each year which keeps it fresh. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

It was new but it had mixed reviews from what I remember. Largely due to the sound system so it could just be that they might look to improve it next time around.

The stage was incredible but the actual empty field and sound made it lack atmospere. It felts disconnected to the audience (us and them). Also having underground/ less known DJs playing such a massive field meant it never took off. Not sure what the answer is TBH but I'm sure they'll sort it. 

9 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

something was being done in the common, details have been removed from the page.

but I wonder if they will re-announce it. 

This is strange! SAMULA existed at the 2019 festival:

https://thefestivals.uk/glastonbury-samula/

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Another place I’ve not been in due to queues and lack of toilet facilities 

It has toilet facilities now. Worth the queue but as with any venue with a varied music policy you’ll want to check the line up to make sure it’s worth it for you. Sunrise there is magical! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

It has toilet facilities now. Worth the queue but as with any venue with a varied music policy you’ll want to check the line up to make sure it’s worth it for you. Sunrise there is magical! 

Cheers that’s helpful … no chance of me making sunrise and unless there is something my friend wants to see on Pangea lineups tend to go out the window once headliners finish … we just bimble around getting drawn into wherever the feeling takes us 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

My thought with IICON was they purposely didn’t put obvious road block DJs in there just to test it out to see how it all worked. It wouldn’t surprise me if they chucked some bigger names in there this time around.

Hopefully the word will be out that the SE corner doesn't get quite as rammed anymore.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hopefully the word will be out that the SE corner doesn't get quite as rammed anymore.

Pangea seems to have a strong lineup which should help ... although that seems to get quite chaotic on the pathways up it seems to have lots of room once up there 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Pangea seems to have a strong lineup which should help ... although that seems to get quite chaotic on the pathways up it seems to have lots of room once up there 

What I'm saying is that it's gone the other way - they added this great big new field, but couldn't fill it.  Meanwhile, Pangea was way too packed and no fun at all.