Spare Gig Tickets

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Ell99 said:

Twickets is driving me up the wall! Am desperate for two tickets to Barry Can't Swim at the roundhouse on March 7th. I've got email and push notifications on my phone set up - and about 4 times now I've literally clicked on the notification the second that they come through to see that they're already being booked by another user. 

I'd be fine with this if it is actual humans making the purchases but I feel for these sought after gigs, im suspicious that bots are used to hoover up any spares that get listed. 

bots have been used on twickets for months now

It is a super indemand gig though - your going to struggle

I'd try keeping tabs on twitter sellers instead (with due diligence of course)

2 hours ago, gfa said:

bots have been used on twickets for months now

It is a super indemand gig though - your going to struggle

I'd try keeping tabs on twitter sellers instead (with due diligence of course)

Ah right - I thought as much! It is so annoying seeing the notification pop up to click on it immediately for it to disappear. Am hoping for some luck on the day - lets see! Have you managed to get your hands on any?

Twitter is a cesspit for bots these days. I remember it being quite handy for getting tickets on there a few years ago - now everyone is selling 4 tickets to every gig due to their partners illness it seems!

16 hours ago, Ell99 said:

Ah right - I thought as much! It is so annoying seeing the notification pop up to click on it immediately for it to disappear. Am hoping for some luck on the day - lets see! Have you managed to get your hands on any?

Twitter is a cesspit for bots these days. I remember it being quite handy for getting tickets on there a few years ago - now everyone is selling 4 tickets to every gig due to their partners illness it seems!

no luck personally

twitter is a cesspit but it means that if you bother to sift through the bots (which most people don't do) its actually quite easy to find tickets for most events

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I won a couple of tickets via Ladbrokes Live for Brian Cox: Horizons at The Civic, Wolverhampton on Saturday 9 March but unfortunately I can no longer make it. Happy to transfer them for free if anyone wants them?

Hi I would be interested in them if they are still available. My step son is really into cosmology. 

On 2/28/2024 at 11:39 AM, Ell99 said:

Twickets is driving me up the wall! Am desperate for two tickets to Barry Can't Swim at the roundhouse on March 7th. I've got email and push notifications on my phone set up - and about 4 times now I've literally clicked on the notification the second that they come through to see that they're already being booked by another user. 

I'd be fine with this if it is actual humans making the purchases but I feel for these sought after gigs, im suspicious that bots are used to hoover up any spares that get listed. 

I hear ya, i'm after Manchester tickets and Twickets is doing my nut in. Obviously bots buying them up. It's like game now, every alert I get for any of his gigs in the UK and I open all the emails straight away, even when I have managed to click the link it says someone else is currently buying these tickets. Scandalous really when you look at Viagogo and there on sale for &75 or whatever.

45 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

I hear ya, i'm after Manchester tickets and Twickets is doing my nut in. Obviously bots buying them up. It's like game now, every alert I get for any of his gigs in the UK and I open all the emails straight away, even when I have managed to click the link it says someone else is currently buying these tickets. Scandalous really when you look at Viagogo and there on sale for &75 or whatever.

The way I manage to get them is to have the app permanently open on the artists page. As soon as you get a notification click on the venue (even if it says none available). Then as quick as you can go to Buy at the bottom. 

I think emails take too long and they’re gone before you get to the page. 

If you click on the notification it can take a fair while to get to the page- having the page already opened gives you a fighting chance 

• Like 1

Doing the exact same dance for Manchester tickets. If they are being snapped up by bots where are they then resold?

On 3/1/2024 at 11:07 AM, The Dawg said:

Yeah it's super frustrating! Hopefully the persistent are awared for their perserverance! Usually there is an influx in the 48 hours before a gig and especially on the day of.

I actually managed to get a pair of tickets on the Dice app this weekend. I've been on the waiting list for a good 3 months and I got an email saying I was next in the queue and that 2 tickets were reserved for me for an hour to purchase. Thankfully I saw the email after 30 mins! 

• Like 1

I have 2 spare tickets for 86TVs at the Joiners in Southampton tomorrow if anyone is interested? Just looking for face value. 

Can’t list them on Twickets as it’s just a group confirmation email directly from the venue for the 4 tickets so would have to meet anyone who is interested there and enter together. 

I've realised recently that Twickets gives you the notification a couple of minutes after the tickets are put on the ticket stream. Was trying to get 1975 tickets and just went on the app and refreshed randomly and managed to get a standing

On 2/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, gfa said:

Looking for 2x Barry Can't Swim Roundhouse tickets if anyone has 🙂 

I’ve got one standing ticket if interested.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I won two seated tickets for Elbow at the Motor point, Nottingham on Wednesday 15 May via the Labrokes Live website. If anyone would like them, they're yours for free. They're in my name and seemingly unable to be transferred but I'm told they don't ask for ID. 

Would love these if they're available and somehow transferrable!