All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

1 hour ago, more matey said:

Where is the VIP view positioned? How big is it?

Did you notice whether you can upgrade on-site? If so, how much?

Thank you!

VIP view was the front left of the mainstage, the area behind was nice too. Not sure about price but if you go to a Luno booth you can win an upgrade- that’s what I managed to do 

14 minutes ago, Lunabella said:

What does the competition entail?

Crystal maze type tube with a load of bits of paper flying around. You have to grab the best one you can. Most are blank, some have food vouchers, some have VIP upgrades for that day, some are VIP tickets for next weekend, and I think there were backstage tours too 

That Gorillaz setlist looks great, wish I stayed for them now. Pusha T, Turnstile and Yves Tumor were all awesome. 

Not sure how it felt for the headliner but the festival was noticeably under-sold yesterday. Didn't see a proper crowd all day - or a queue. That makes everything very convenient of course but it does bring the energy of the festival down a bit. I suspect today will be a lot busier though. 

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

I cannot remember seeing anyone under 10 at the festival.

It was very dusty and felt like i had a sore throat by the end of the evening.

me too, completely lost my voice after turnstile - it’s back now but (apologies for tmi) not before coughing up black for a couple of hours on the way home

Pusha T, Turnstile and Gorillaz were good. Really enjoyed Femi Kuti who was the perfect combination of placement and weather.

Rest of the stuff I saw was disappointing and/or was clearly the 800th stop on their festival circuit this year (most of the undercard like Idles, Yves Tumor, Self Esteem) on top of some very poor sound in places. I felt bad for some of the artists lower down playing to very sparse crowds too.

The park really needs some rain, fucking hell. Hate to think what it's going to be like next weekend.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I'm going back today to see Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk. 

Any one get any other recommendations to help me over the pain of £5.80 per can! 

There's a craft beer bar next to the Firestone Stage that'll do you a pint if that's what you're looking for. Easy to miss! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Day 1 was fantastic I thought. Good vibe. All artists I saw were great. Weather perfect and not too hot. I think this was down to being slightly less attended due to public transport strikes. 

Agreed. I was really pleasantly surprised, but everyone was lovely and the lack of crowds was very much appreciated after Glasto being rammed all weekend. But it wasn't empty, was great having space to dance for Gorillaz.

1 hour ago, ilovelanegan said:

Any Field Day spares going? My sis has last-minute decided she's keen!

Also got one going spare, face value ish. Its part of a group of 6 ticket, so if anyone wants it, just tag along with my group. We'll be going in at about 3.30.  Dm if anyone's keen!

I enjoyed the fact it was not rammed. Maybe its me but I prefer it not super busy and all for smaller crowds. From the lesser known names to me, I enjoyed Newdad, they sounded a bit like early Cure. No one blew me away but a nice day out and the freebie tins of coke were most welcome.

In no hurry to get over there early today as very little on the udnercard that appeals to me. Only interested in Kwarfwerk & Chemicals.

• Like 1