2023 Festival

TheWaters

16 hours ago, wghennessy said:

How many tickets have they actually sold? Doesnt seem like its going to sell out.

Its clearly the lowest for years. It will be interesting to see how it actually reflects things on site, if sales are REALLY low...

If they are as much as 25% on previous years, I reckon it will be a much nicer experience throughout, bar maybe some smaller acts, where tent attendance and BBC introducing will look even more harsh.

Mad that early entry never sold out. Available now for 230 quid on resale. Bargain at that price, hopefully if the weather looks good, at least people trying to resell will be able to shift them

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Its clearly the lowest for years. It will be interesting to see how it actually reflects things on site, if sales are REALLY low...

If they are as much as 25% on previous years, I reckon it will be a much nicer experience throughout, bar maybe some smaller acts, where tent attendance and BBC introducing will look even more harsh.

Mad that early entry never sold out. Available now for 230 quid on resale. Bargain at that price, hopefully if the weather looks good, at least people trying to resell will be able to shift them

Surprised not more are being sold on twickets and ticketmaster resale. 

Silent disco is starting at 3am. According to them it’s following the finishing of all the acts.

from what I remember last main stage act finishes at about 12, you had enough time to walk back to your tent grab a beer then go to silent disco which meant it started at about 1. 

why so late this time? 

48 minutes ago, Preensie said:

Silent disco is starting at 3am. According to them it’s following the finishing of all the acts.

from what I remember last main stage act finishes at about 12, you had enough time to walk back to your tent grab a beer then go to silent disco which meant it started at about 1. 

why so late this time? 

starting at 3am? surely not - is this a typo

The Silent disco of old started during headliners - I was there during Post Malone in 2021

13 hours ago, Benj said:

Yeah more likely to end at 3am right?

The silent discos are pretty loud - neighbours going to kick off about one massive one i would have thought? Hopefully they put it as near the centre of the site as possible i guess

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

The silent discos are pretty loud - neighbours going to kick off about one massive one i would have thought? Hopefully they put it as near the centre of the site as possible i guess

Assumed it would be set up at MSW if it’s due to kick off post MSE finishing up

When I saw this morning on Instagram, I was wondering "What the hell's gone on here?"

So that's 2 R&L headliners on the Saturday who have unwittingly caused geopolitical rows in a month... guess we can hope R&L gets less international attention.

From what I gathered, I get the feeling that from the moment the person Brandon Flowers picked out from the crowd to join them on stage said they were Russian, there were really only terrible options to follow. This is a pretty bad resolution in fairness, given every news outlet under the sun is doing a story on it.

Doesn't really seem like The Killers are at fault here. Not like they knew the bloke was Russian before he got on stage. After that was revealed, it's a lose-lose situation for them. 

Though I am glad for once Healy's not involved. Course, if this had happened at a 1975 show this place would be swearing that he'd spotted somebody in the crowd wearing an Ushanka and had invited them up to purposefully stir things. To be fair, he probably would. 

(Edit: Seen a few more videos. Yeah....Brandon Flowers is at fault here. Not a great look to offer to fight crowd members and insist "we're all brothers" in this situation)

Edited by thatTFBguy

7 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Doesn't really seem like The Killers are at fault here. Not like they knew the bloke was Russian before he got on stage. After that was revealed, it's a lose-lose situation for them. 

Though I am glad for once Healy's not involved. Course, if this had happened at a 1975 show this place would be swearing that he'd spotted somebody in the crowd wearing an Ushanka and had invited them up to purposefully stir things. To be fair, he probably would. 

There's a degree of sympathy for them tbf - when announced it was a Russian guy in a country that, to put it mildly, doesn't have a good relationship with Russia, I don't think there was any good answer as to what to do. I definitely think Brandon Flowers could've come up with a significantly better way to phrase it given a lot of people there will hear the idea of seeing Russia as brothers as an absolute no-no, but that's just the nature of it being lose-lose.

Are The 1975 just getting the bad a reputation for these kind of frolics eh?

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

, if this had happened at a 1975 show this place would be swearing that he'd spotted somebody in the crowd wearing an Ushanka and had invited them up to purposefully stir things. To be fair, he probably would. 

🤣

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'm trying to work out why they need to apologise for assosciating with a Russian person, I really can't figure that out.

Bizarre xenophobia. Flashbacks of the abuse you would get for associating with Muslims after 9/11.

Edited by Chad888
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, charlierc said:When I saw this morning on Instagram, I was wondering "What the hell's gone on here?"

So that's 2 R&L headliners on the Saturday who have unwittingly caused geopolitical rows in a month... guess we can hope R&L gets less international attention.

From what I gathered, I get the feeling that from the moment the person Brandon Flowers picked out from the crowd to join them on stage said they were Russian, there were really only terrible options to follow. This is a pretty bad resolution in fairness, given every news outlet under the sun is doing a story on it.

Make that 3 of them!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/system-of-a-down-serj-tankian-campaign-imagine-dragons-cancel-azerbaijan-concert-3484205

55 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I'm trying to work out why they need to apologise for assosciating with a Russian person, I really can't figure that out.

Bizarre xenophobia. Flashbacks of the abuse you would get for associating with Muslims after 9/11.

Russia is occupying part of Georgia and he said that georgians and russians are brothers and sisters....

not very hard to grasp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Russia is occupying part of Georgia and he said that georgians and russians are brothers and sisters....

not very hard to grasp

Ahhhhh f* sake, I thought Georgia USA.

But still, that is no different to calling a Muslim a brother in 2002 and getting booed by all the rednecks for 9/11.