2023 Festival

TheWaters

4 hours ago, across97 said:

Do we think there's any chance of blink-182? Start their Europe tour the Friday after Reading so their schedule allows it at relatively short notice. 

From a cost perspective and genre perspective, probably a significant departure from Capaldi. But would be a huge booking given their recent popularity, and stepped in last minute at Coachella this year if that adds to anything. 

Can't see it. Would surely be way too expensive and they'd want (and would deserve) MSE. Before the return of Tom they were a probably MSW band with Matt Skiba, but the reunion hype puts them firmly into the MSE cat. 

32 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Can't see it. Would surely be way too expensive and they'd want (and would deserve) MSE. Before the return of Tom they were a probably MSW band with Matt Skiba, but the reunion hype puts them firmly into the MSE cat. 

Been out of the Reading loop for a while, and have now learnt he difference between East and West stage. Would seem very unlikely I would agree. 

Probably looking at someone like Jamie T, Pulp, Royal Blood, anybody that sort of size. 

3 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Fred again will only work if he sells out his Ally Pally tour (which he most likely will) general sale 2pm today so this announcement might come this evening if sells well. 

They can't get a headliner sorted that quick lol

---

QOTSA is an appalling idea, they'd shift no tickets look at how many UK dates they are doing this year, many not sold out too

Reckon it will be a rapper tbh, probably what the lineup desperately needs. Maybe wait until Wireless and book one of theirs like D Block perhaps

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They can't get a headliner sorted that quick lol

---

QOTSA is an appalling idea, they'd shift no tickets look at how many UK dates they are doing this year, many not sold out too

Reckon it will be a rapper tbh, probably what the lineup desperately needs. Maybe wait until Wireless and book one of theirs like D Block perhaps

I think when they get replacement headliners they're not looking at shifting tickets, they just want someone adequate to fill that slot.

Pulp or QOTSA would be an absolute dream but yeah, it'll be someone more "mid" as the young 'uns say.

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

I think when they get replacement headliners they're not looking at shifting tickets, they just want someone adequate to fill that slot.

Pulp or QOTSA would be an absolute dream but yeah, it'll be someone more "mid" as the young 'uns say.

Blur 😀

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Given they've not even sold out early birds as yet, I suspect theyre not gutted at all about him pulling out. Whoever they get it in at this stage is likely to shift some tickets that they wouldn't have otherwise sold

R&L is going to be really quiet this year, isn’t it? Hopefully it wakes them up a bit and they book a lineup that is better next year. 

I scrolled through a tonne of twitter replies to their tweet saying they were looking for a new headliner and some of the most popular names I saw mentioned were Paramore, RATM and QOTSA (The 1975 & BMTH were also mentioned a lot but I ignored them as they played last year). So I think they need to book bands like that next year to pull a lot of people back in who just haven’t bothered this year because of the lineup. Something like: 

Paramore x Lil Nas X 

SZA x Fred again.. 

Blink-182 x Olivia Rodrigo 

Edited by Andre91